Pink liquor bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TnMimi

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the glass bottle world here! Just inherited a few antique and vintage glass pieces and trying to figure out what I have. I've looked all over trying to find one of these and am coming up with nothing. Wondering if anyone here has seen one before or has any idea what it would be worth.
It is an H&A Gilley pink bottle with glittery edges and rose motif on the front.
Also, is eBay the best place to sell my newly acquired collection or should I consult with an antiques dealer? Any other sites that are geared more to antique glass. I have some insulators, some china, some Fostoria (which may already be sold?) and some other random pieces.
Any advice for a newbie is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4767.JPG
    IMG_4767.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 67

Skoda

Reaction score
Hi there, welcome! What you have there a liquor bottle of British origin. It's hard to read with the script but the company name is actually W&A Gilbey- it looks like they started brewing in 1857 and the name is still around to this day. Here's an article I found on the company history: https://scotchwhisky.com/whiskypedia/5989/w-a-gilbey/

Your bottle appears to me to be circa 1950's-early 1960's just judging by those photos, the long straight neck and shallow screw threads I've seen on bottles from that era. The company merged in 1962 so I doubt they were producing anything under that script logo past that point, but I could be wrong there. The color is striking me as odd... Light pink glass is a practically unheard of glass color in any form of liquor bottling during that era and older and it appears like someone applied a pink enamel coating over the clear glass to give it that color. I would believe it to be someone's personal art piece with the hand painted rose and accents. Looks quite pretty, but I believe it would be of little monetary value to most collectors, though given that it's been personalized and displays nicely it may be of interest to someone who wants something pretty for the window.

Hope this helps!

glassceramics

Reaction score
likely a gin bottle as gilbeys gin came in this type of bottle to canada. not likely in pink glass though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora