Pitched Pitcher

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
The Missuss often asks me to bring home any antique china items I might find and yesterday, I finally did. The pictured pitcher is showing it's good side & I have duct tape applied to the interior to keep the cracks from propagating. Thinking about how thrilled she'd be when I presented it to her, I had her close her eyes for the surprise; her response? "What the heck am I supposed to do with THAT??!" LOL!

Granted, it was covered with river gunge when she first saw it, so perhaps she'll be more receptive when seeing it clean!

Pitcher.jpeg
Btw - anyone ever see a 'KayO Chocolate" bottle ( RCO )?

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that pitcher is nice, and huge as well! I don't think I'd know what to do with that either haha!
I've definitely seen those Kay-O bottles before, I think they're from Kitchener or somewhere nearby. What's the ceramic disc marked from Montreal?

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Wow that pitcher is nice, and huge as well! I don't think I'd know what to do with that either haha!
I've definitely seen those Kay-O bottles before, I think they're from Kitchener or somewhere nearby. What's the ceramic disc marked from Montreal?

It appears to be a lid for a jar and is marked "Fergusson Alexander Co., Montreal". Normally I wouldn't pick up such an item but my buddy found one last week & is quite excited about it's potential value, as none of the folks who are learned in such items has ever seen one before:

Wait's Glycerine.jpeg

I have found two bottles from John T. Wait / Arnprior - the C.W. is a sweetheart:

John T. Wait.jpeg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It appears to be a lid for a jar and is marked "Fergusson Alexander Co., Montreal". Normally I wouldn't pick up such an item but my buddy found one last week & is quite excited about it's potential value, as none of the folks who are learned in such items has ever seen one before:

View attachment 227516

I have found two bottles from John T. Wait / Arnprior - the C.W. is a sweetheart:

View attachment 227519
Oh yeah those lids like that can be very collectible. I think yours wouldn't qualify as a pot lid based on what I can see so not as collectible but still definitely interesting. If I'd found those three items the lid would be the find of the hunt for me.
And wow that Arnprior pot lid is stunning! That would be a dream find for me, I had no idea Eastern Ontario had any pot lids at all and that one is from a small town no less. I don't remember seeing any other small town Canadian pot lids before at all. Your buddy is right about the potential value of that one, I imagine it will end up being quite high.

RCO

Reaction score
The Missuss often asks me to bring home any antique china items I might find and yesterday, I finally did. The pictured pitcher is showing it's good side & I have duct tape applied to the interior to keep the cracks from propagating. Thinking about how thrilled she'd be when I presented it to her, I had her close her eyes for the surprise; her response? "What the heck am I supposed to do with THAT??!" LOL!

Granted, it was covered with river gunge when she first saw it, so perhaps she'll be more receptive when seeing it clean!

View attachment 227498Btw - anyone ever see a 'KayO Chocolate" bottle ( RCO )?

Kayo was a chocolate drink made by Kuntz Beverages based in Kitchener but in some other places as well .

never found one in the wild but seen them before at antique malls

found a lot of broken china never found anything that big in a lake not damaged or broken

RCO

Reaction score

View attachment 227516

View attachment 227519

never seen that lid before , have seen things marked Arnprior before is bottles from there . it seems small but is an older town

been there a few times over the years , was some antique stores downtown but I'd rarely see any local items at them

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1