Please help with flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
maybe 200 if it was a slug plate strap side. That thing has to much going for it... the arangment of the lettering is very new england, although New york embossed flasks are the cheapest of the new england/almost new england flasks... Id like to hear from Mike on this one because there is a good possibility it is a New Hampshire flask...

bottle man

Reaction score
Thanks for everybodys help. I hope someone can help with some info on this one. I might want to sell but need to do more research. Maybe I will just put it in an auction and let the people decide. Thanks again

earlyglass

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the flask, but it is interesting. It looks late 1870s to me... possibly a Lyndeboro product. I think it is too late for New London.

I would lean more towards the Clyde Glass Works in New York. The squared shoulders, the color, and most compelling... the font style, are all attributes to the Clyde Glass Works. They were also in business until early 1880s and located in close proximity to this merchant.

98% Clyde in my opinion.

Mike

bottle man

Reaction score
Thanks Tigue and mike for your info, not too sure if its New Hampshire or Clyde but both make sense. Now if I could only get some info on one that sold as to the value.But I always have a hard time with values, but I guess in time. Thanks again for your help.

tigue710

Reaction score
I couldn't be sure where it is from, but I'm not familiar with the clyde glass works and their productions, if thats what Mike says, also considering he collects bottles from lyndeboro, I would go with it. I just know the color is close to a lot of Lyndeboro glass. New London was in production into the 1870's, but it was a small fledgling works that did not get a lot of orders...

As far as value the general consensus seems to be 2-300, I would still think it could do better, and has the potential to. These types of flask are going to be the next big thing to flasks collectors, just look at western flasks. I think for now they are good to hold onto as the market will probably favor them in years to come...

great flask...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris