Please help...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
83910743a24ef93c7bfaae4f5b5fb7ec.jpg

189ead461e8d3bd1278c77d2fd2da6b3.jpg

Some of them have notes on the back-the phenobarbital (maybe that’s what it is) has a note about it being habit forming-the red poison ones are interesting-they require a prescription but why would a poison be prescribed as medicine? If there are hundreds of them I’m gonna end up spending the rest of my life trying to find them all!
Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ephedrine is a stimulant which is still prescribed as a decongestant, I imagine that it's marked as a poison because a decent sized dose would be harmful. A lot of things are safe enough at small doses and lethal at large ones.
As for Mallinckrodt, they were a major player in the irresponsible pushing of opioid painkillers despite knowing their dangers, which led to the current opioid crisis. They recently filed for bankruptcy due to the lawsuits but I think the company still exists.

Freiberg949

Reaction score
Ephedrine is a stimulant which is still prescribed as a decongestant, I imagine that it's marked as a poison because a decent sized dose would be harmful. A lot of things are safe enough at small doses and lethal at large ones.
As for Mallinckrodt, they were a major player in the irresponsible pushing of opioid painkillers despite knowing their dangers, which led to the current opioid crisis. They recently filed for bankruptcy due to the lawsuits but I think the company still exists.

That makes sense-thanks for your help! Any bits of info I can get on these is awesome

Freiberg949

Reaction score
You might find this resource helpful: https://archive.org/details/handbookofuseful00couniala

Latin was the language of science and law for centuries. Indeed, in 1968, Latin courses were still required for hard science majors at the University of Alaska (and presumably elsewhere) when I was contemplating the requirements for a BS in Wildlife Management. I would venture that English is supplanting Latin in that regard.

That awesome-I love the books that are available on that site-thanks for the link!

Freiberg949

Reaction score
You might find this resource helpful: https://archive.org/details/handbookofuseful00couniala

Latin was the language of science and law for centuries. Indeed, in 1968, Latin courses were still required for hard science majors at the University of Alaska (and presumably elsewhere) when I was contemplating the requirements for a BS in Wildlife Management. I would venture that English is supplanting Latin in that regard.

yacorie

Reaction score
I’ve had 100s of the Merck bottles that were essentially the same thing. Finally found a local collector to buy most them them because no way I was shipping full bottles and you just can’t dump the stuff out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp