Poison ivy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Ever since i can remember, every summer i was plagued with poison ivy from head to toe. I could not avoid it. I remember so many sleepless nights in agony. Nothing like a furious itch you can't scratch. The hotter the summer the more miserable i was. As i grew older i seemed to not get it anymore. That or i just wasn't playing in the woods,whatever the reason. After 20 years rash free i got it again. Not bad yet but it is spreading. I was covered in clothing from head to toe and do not know how i was exposed to it but none the less here it is.
IMG_20200419_181313.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I also have 4 spots on my stomach and chest...sorry no pictures of this area. LOL!

Giddyupgo

Reaction score
Bobby, nice to meet you, but I hate that I caught your Poison Ivy, lol.

Im like you, I havent had poison Ivy in 20 years. Yesterday evening something bit me on my neck while I was working outside. I'd been clearing and pulling weeds. This morning it was itching and I woke up scratching it. By noon I had started to feel blisters coming up around it. Now its about 2 inches long and itching like crazy!

I dont even have any calamine lotion, and all the stores are closed in my little town.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Walmart sells charcoal and bamboo soap that really dries it up nicely. Then i use an ivy wash which is basically aluminum acetate. It smells like vinegar. I do tile work and when ever i had a spot i would put a smear of cement on it and after it dries i rub it off. That would dry it out faster than any medication i know. I Realize that may sound crazy but i tell you, it really does work. I may go mix some portland cement up to put on it My rash tomorrow. Don't use any cement that has a bonding agent Or any polymer Modified cement because it is a lot harder to remove from your skin.

Giddyupgo

Reaction score
I checked on Google a d it had a diy to mix baking soda a d water and make a paste. Took the itch and burning right away but you have to keep reapplying it. But it sure helped. I may try the cement tomorrow, I have some here at home.

Im 40 miles from Wally World, dang it ! Thats country living for you, you gotta take the good with the bad, lol....

Thanks for the suggestions too.

How many pictures can we post on here. Do I need to do them in separate post?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I checked on Google a d it had a diy to mix baking soda a d water and make a paste. Took the itch and burning right away but you have to keep reapplying it. But it sure helped. I may try the cement tomorrow, I have some here at home.

Im 40 miles from Wally World, dang it ! Thats country living for you, you gotta take the good with the bad, lol....

Thanks for the suggestions too.

How many pictures can we post on here. Do I need to do them in separate post?
I am not Sure if there is a limit. I have a post with 6 pictures as we speak.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1