poked around at an old dump i found a couple years ago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I had 2 of those Jocko's many years ago. At that time I was told they were rare & a few people seemed to be Interested in them. I traded one away & kept the better one for awhile. My Better one Dave Tanner the soda Book Publisher wanted a pic of mine for his Book so it's in his Book. Pics below. LEON.

P.S. I believe I got your other Duquesne Beer Can you found in that dump a few years ago.

I checked the updated version of his book I saw online , it says the can is from the 1960's and in mint condition is now valued at over $125

have to assume its fairly uncommon , I've never seen it before , did find a jocko can from the 70's last year but it looked a lot different

I've found 2 Duquesne beer cans in that dump , first one was in 2016 and it was the one I mailed to you , the one I found yesterday is actually in better condition although faded badly on other side not pictured , was surprised by the colour which remained on it for being in a dump

hemihampton

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Duquesne is a pretty common can. A mint one of those I'd guess would get around $100. Any Beer Can that would get around $100 mint would be common. A mint Jocko might get more. Except I cant see a lot of demand for the Jocko, as far as I know there just isn't a lot of Collectors that Collect Chocolate Cans or small odd size cans & that's got both those against it. Did you dIg down into this dump or were these laying on the surface? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Duquesne is a pretty common can. A mint one of those I'd guess would get around $100. Any Beer Can that would get around $100 mint would be common. A mint Jocko might get more. Except I cant see a lot of demand for the Jocko, as far as I know there just isn't a lot of Collectors that Collect Chocolate Cans or small odd size cans & that's got both those against it. Did you dIg down into this dump or were these laying on the surface? LEON.

they weren't on the surface , was digging down a little bit , the stuff was sort of tossed onto a small hillside so its not really that deep .

I really have no idea if anyone collects items from Jocko , its kind of a smaller and lesser known brand , and not a soda for which there is more collectors

not sure what else is still there in that dump , whatever is still there is starting to rust away if its metal , and seems to be few bottles of interest left , which was sort of why I hadn't been to it for a while

hemihampton

Reaction score
Could be some Beer Cans of Interest in there. Wonder if who ever drank the Duquesne was a tourist who brought It with them or if they could be bought in Canada at that time? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
Could be some Beer Cans of Interest in there. Wonder if who ever drank the Duquesne was a tourist who brought It with them or if they could be bought in Canada at that time? LEON.

more than likely an American tourist , dump is located in an area known for American cottagers , not likely it was sold here , pretty much only Molson , Labatt's and Carling beer back then . not really sure when the US brands started to arrive but don't think it was that early

now are roadsides are littered with bud light , busch and coors light cans you wouldn't even know you were north of the border

although today I did find a mini keg from a local brewery ( lake of bays brewery ) down an embankment , its like one of those mini Heineken kegs , never seen it before , infact I didn't even know they sold there beer is such mini kegs , has some neat graphics on it but not very old

RCO

Reaction score
here is a picture of the lake of bays brewery mini keg I found yesterday , for pale ale , don't think it had been there for more than a couple years but appeared to have a best before date from 2012 on the side

if I return it to the beer store its only worth a 20 cent deposit , which seems crazy but they go by volume here anything oversized is 20 cents like a wine or liquor bottle , a basic beer can is 10 cents

think I could get more for it at a yard sale as a man cave or cottage decoration item

20200503_090936.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
People that like to collect gallon cans or larger cans would probably give you $5-$15 for it. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi