Pontil shard embossing need help to ID and new early dump!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
That's a nice looking place to spend the day digging bottle seem to be truly old I really have to take a better look at the bottle to see what you got there it's hard to identify pieces have you found any whole bottles
These were sticking out of an uprooted tree. Going back this weekend to actually dig.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
One guess sans looking it up first--Friends Herbal Tonic. Not it? Keeping digging and remember, "the corner pieces come first.":) Good luck and keep us posted. --Len

Nickneff

Reaction score
Found this shard while exploring a brand new site! Found lots of other super early and pontil shards too. I need help in particular with this one that has some embossing as seen in the first photo.
View attachment 216683
View attachment 216684

Other crier pieces found on surface:
View attachment 216685
View attachment 216686
View attachment 216687
View attachment 216688
View attachment 216689

Intact find from surface that is probably 1870s since the dump barely goes into the 1880s!
View attachment 216690

Can't wait to return this weekend and really open this place up. In the meantime I really need help to ID the broken embossed pontil.

Thanks,
PlaneDiggerCam
You got my attention that is a sweet dump need any help it'd be my pleasure to come out and help you there's some really cool stuff that's exactly the kind of stuff I like to dig that honey amber bottom and a green bottom looks like turn mode to me nice 1870 looking stuff I'm not kidding it's a nice place to be digging you just better be digging really easy you wouldn't want to break anything in that dump great job keep a digging needing help holler at me I'll drive my truck up there down there over there where ever it is be well worth my time looks like a whole lot of fun to me good job

hemihampton

Reaction score
You got my attention that is a sweet dump need any help it'd be my pleasure to come out and help you there's some really cool stuff that's exactly the kind of stuff I like to dig that honey amber bottom and a green bottom looks like turn mode to me nice 1870 looking stuff I'm not kidding it's a nice place to be digging you just better be digging really easy you wouldn't want to break anything in that dump great job keep a digging needing help holler at me I'll drive my truck up there down there over there where ever it is be well worth my time looks like a whole lot of fun to me good job

I think that's exactly the kinda stuff everybody like to dig, 1850's-60's pontils & 1870's stuff. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch