pontiled Teutenberg & Bauer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Thanks Cacarpet.....I had a pretty memorable dig in July and if I dig a hole like that once a year I am happy. Although, I won't complain if a second one jumps up in my face! HA! And Bram, I hear what yer sayin', as I grew up on city dumps and farm dumps, and I miss wandering the woods or getting into a moss fight with friends in the creeks. Here in the Midwest the permissions are falling from the sky lately! I got 3 the other day in 15 minutes, all in pontil era properties! One I didn't even have to ask for, as she remembered me asking a week ago while I was getting a permission next door. She came out and mentioned she was leaving for a week and I could "have at it" until she returned. She was afraid her little dogs would fall in the hole and get hurt, but as long as they were gone with her, she didn't care! Then while helping out a young lady selling some equipment to pay a fine, she mentioned generally where she lived and when I quizzed her on specifics, it turned out to be across the street from where I just got permissions 10 minutes earlier! Unbelievable! My biggest fear is I get too many too soon to dig before the winter freeze! Now there's a problem worth having! Any day! Heading out this am to find the judges pit, I hope! It eluded me the first go and wasn't where the map shows where it should have been, so it might be a tricky one......Jack PS- added a pic of my bottle hounds!

A6E439561DF24FEE8A321BA8B6891529.jpg

Attachments

• A6E439561DF24FEE8A321BA8B6891529.jpg
    A6E439561DF24FEE8A321BA8B6891529.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 79

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac