Porcelan power haul, 01-27-2015

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Just got back from a friends where I loaded up 21 behemoth porcelain power pieces. He gave these to me because they had been in his storage locker for many years and I suggested that he sell them and use the money to buy one good glass insulator he could look at. Some of these are way more attractive than the pictures show. I'll take better pictures and share. He said he didn't want to bother and the work and cost to ship them just wasn't worth it so he gave them to me. I will display all of them somewhere on my place and he will enjoy coming over to look at them. The best will go inside. He also gave me about a dozen of the Hewlett discs, some very mottled.

Attachments

• F8D45D9E32134DE5B01B4FD84CBAE04C.jpg
    F8D45D9E32134DE5B01B4FD84CBAE04C.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 81B594DDEE9A4809B2C17B42C7602632.jpg
    81B594DDEE9A4809B2C17B42C7602632.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 8C3709E3DEDC46B092A67E58B916B059.jpg
    8C3709E3DEDC46B092A67E58B916B059.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 103

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I can tell that they're quite beautiful, but I can't imagine trying to ship them. I think they'd be incredibly unique for post-toppers on fences. More history on them??

botlguy

Reaction score
These are super high voltage transmission line type insulator from early to mid 20th century vintage. They are the type found on those big metal towers one sees going across country. The typical colors are very blah but some of them are quite attractive. Most are worth what a boat anchor is but the mottled glazes can bring in the hundreds. I have a 30 pound, 11 inch tall, 16 inches wide, one piece Pyrex glass insulator, CD 330, I am selling and it will cost $32 to have the UPS store package and another $60 - $120 to ship it. I won't be shipping any of these, some will be used as yard art along with the other dozen I have. Thanks for your interest. Jim

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Unique. I would stop and ask someone, if he were outside, about these if I were a passer-by. The shape is catching.

BillinMo

Reaction score
Hey Jim -You have some better-than-decent stuff there, although I can't claim to be any sort of multipart expert. The one on the far left in the first photo looks rather old. Are any of these marked? Look for the older Victor R=oo logo or VICTOR markings. In the center photo, is the one in the front center actually a brown top shell on a white bottom shell? That would certainly generate some interest at a show! The Hewlett suspension is pretty good, too. I know several people who are into those.

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Bill, thanks for chiming in. There are several with the Locke markings but none so far with the Victor or infinity mark. There are O.B. for sure. That two color you mention is definitely a keeper, much newer than I like but perhaps unique. I was given these with the stipulation I don't sell or trade them until my friend, 10 years older than I, has passed on. I don't intend to part with them, I have plenty of room to display them, some inside, some outside. I am also going to make a hanging display of the Hewletts, some have great mottled glaze. I'll send better pictures when available. Thanks for your interest. Jim

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
Some nice early pieces in there. Any Thomas pieces? As for the newer ones, I don't think it's good for insulators to be left outside in the weather.[:D]

botlguy

Reaction score
kleinkaliber said:
Some nice early pieces in there. Any Thomas pieces? As for the newer ones, I don't think it's good for insulators to be left outside in the weather.[:D]
kleinkaliber said:
I'm not sure I can identify Thomas pieces anymore without them being marked.
I guess they shouldn't be left outside, after all they're MUD aren't they? [8D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac