Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

possible stoddard dug in exeter NH

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
That is a nice piece. Could be Stoddard but might be Connecticut too. Lip looks a bit different than most Stoddard stuff. Regardless, an awesome find and one I would absolutely love to dig! Honestly looks a bit early for Stoddard but I could be wrong.

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
hunter2000 said:
NH what do you mean by Connecticut?
What do you mean by that? Stoddard is in NH and Conn is a different state or are you asking nhpharm a question?[:)]I can't comment much on the bottle without bigger and better pictures but I will agree the lip is different that most early Granite Glass Works bottles I know of.

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
I was just saying that it could be from one of the glasshouses in Connecticut (Willington, Westford, etc).

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
I was just saying that it could be from one of the glasshouses in Connecticut (Willington, Westford, etc).

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
It so hard to say sometimes. Molds make for a consistent shape but the lips are dependent on a large part by the person putting it there. Were they German, English, French etc. in ancestry? It looks like a pontil but I cropped and blew it up and still couldn't quite get what I wanted to see. Does it have the bubbly or other consistencies of a certain glasshouse? Is it dip or two piece mold? The pen makes me thing about 1½" at the base. Is that correct?It could be modern European for all I can see in the pics.Help me out a little here.[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NOLA_Ken