Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

PRESENTS

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
botlguy said:
Hey Dan, what's the embossing on the soda? I am very familiar with CAL sodas but can't make it out in the picture. Gotta be a good one. Congratulations! Too bad my kids don't have such a great Dad. [8D]
I'm sure they disagree or at least will when it's executed. Isn't that like the worst choice for a word regarding that stuff like wills. Come one, execute?!!!!Anyway, I see, again with the will, Williams Beverage(s) San Francisco Cal.

botlguy

O.K. Now I can see it and know it as: WILLIAMS / SEVERANCE / SAN FRANCISCO / CAL. A very nice piece even if not extremely rare. For California stuff it's VERY early even though not made / blown in California. I've had a couple of examples over the years, really enjoy the category. Jim

Dansalata

Oct 18, 2005
THANKS JIM,THANKS FOR POSTING,BEEN A WHILE,MY OLDEST BRO SET UP A FAMILY DIG UP HERE A COUPLE YEARS AGO...SOME KILLER FIND WERE UNEARTHED,I FOUND A IP 6 SIDED EMARALD GREEN SODA/MINL WATER BUT NO EMBOSSING...MY DAD WAS LIKE 78 AT THE TIME AND I WAS IMPRESSED HOW BAD ASS HE WAS AT DIGGIN, PROBABLY BECAUSE HE WAS A COAL MINER IN PA.WHEN HE WAS REAL YOUNG.I WAS JEALOUS WJHEN HE FOUND THOSE 2,LOL...BUT I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM...NOW I HAVE SOME REALLY NICE MEMORIES FROM THAT UNIQUE EXPERIENCE...MY BROTHER SOME YEARS PREVIOUSLY FOUND A 1862S 20 GOLD THERE...ITS A BEAUTY!!!HELLO COWS TOO, I HAVENT HAD ANYTHING MUCH TO POST,THEIR BUILDING THE SHIT OUTTA THIS PLACE HERE IN SAN JO!!!

botlguy

Dan, I do remember your earlier posts and enjoyed them immensely. I have missed your unique style. You and I have had a pretty good relationship.The memory of past digs is something, unfortunately, many of our current members have not had the privilege of experiencing. Many of the seasoned collectors / diggers have abandoned us for the more "sophisticated" Facebook. YUCK!Please post as it's convenient and keep us posted as to what is happening in your area. Jim

Dansalata

Oct 18, 2005
thank you jim and yes,we have had great rapport,and since you once resided in southern calif it makes it more cool.i still have the bottles from our trade a while back...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaTay