Presidents' On Flasks or Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhglass

Reaction score
I was wondering how many Presidents have been represented on Bottles or Flasks ?, I am somewhat familiar with the Original Flasks and Presidents but not with later made Flasks and Bottles.

nhglass

Reaction score
That works, I was thinking about all of the later made Flasks, the ones made in the 20th Century.

nhglass

Reaction score
Thank you for the link, thats the type of thing I was looking for [:)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
How about these guys?

4360266914_75ce696944_b.jpg

From Cornell University Library.

or these
TR%2BCampaign%2Bflask-1898.jpg
rough%2Brider%2Bbot.-1909%3F.jpg
TR%2Bhunting%2Bbottle.jpg
"She subsequently lectured in Washington brandishing a bottle that carried a likeness of Roosevelt. “Here is a whiskey flask with Theodore Roosevelt’s picture on it, the most appropriate place I have ever seen it in my life,†said she. Later Carry admitted that after her first use of the bottle she expected hisses but got only nervous giggles. That tepid reaction emboldened her to use the prop again and again. This historical incident has peaked my interest intensely about what bottled likeness of Teddy she used. Here is what my research has disclosed:

Roosevelt, shown here in a photograph, had appeared on a campaign flask in the 1900 campaign with William McKinley, who later was assassinated which propelled him into the White House. Teddy also was depicted in figural bottles, shown here, in his role as a Rough Rider and a big game hunter. But none of these bottles seem to fit the bill. My guess is that the flask that Carry Nation brandished was the one pictured here, issued in 1904 when Roosevelt ran on his own for President. It fits the description -- but there may have been others. Only Carry would know for sure." From the excellent bottles, booze, and back stories.

diana-rigg-as-mrs-emma-peel-tv-progs-the-avengers-april-1965-photographic-print-19351956.jpeg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think Wheaton did all of them up to the first Bush.
Here's the link.
http://www.wheatonclub.com/presidentiallargedecanterseries.html

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Don't forget the bottles put out in 1932 for Washington's bicentennial birthday, here's an old post that shows two of them:
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-74783/mpage-1/key-1932/tm.htm#82868

nhglass

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information and pictures! I am getting an education [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky