Probe question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Warf rat

Reaction score
The probe I ordered just has a glob of weld on the bottom, do you think it would work better if I got a roller bearing ball the right size and brazed it to the bottom?

hemihampton

Reaction score
My buddy I always dig & Probe with always has a big blob of weld on the Bottom, I don't like it but it seams to work good for him. LEON.

Jake2150

Reaction score
The probe I ordered just has a glob of weld on the bottom, do you think it would work better if I got a roller bearing ball the right size and brazed it to the bottom?
Great member name Warf Rat, keepin it grateful

embe

Reaction score
Curious what the benefit of a brazed bearing would be vs. a blob? My understanding is a sharpened point isn't good because it can puncture (break) bottles and other stuff. Whereas a blunt tip is less likely to. Along with being easier to remove from the ground (or something to do with less compaction) if I recall when I built my septic probe years ago

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I've got a glob on mine too. Guessing you ordered from Old West Probes? I haven't been able to use mine since I've got it but I've heard plenty of good things about their probes and they've all got globs on em

nhpharm

Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter what the tip looks like...you just need something a little larger in diameter on the tip of the probe to keep the probe from binding in the soil and making it hard to probe due to all the friction.

Warf rat

Reaction score
I just wondered if a nice round ball on the end might make it go in easer. It just looks sloppy for one thing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky