Psychology of collecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
No, that's just the right amount lol
Just my opinion. Lol! I could never keep it all clean. My cat Rodger would load up my antiques with his hair in no time if I hung them up on the wall like that. They must be screwed to the wall. It supports the cats weight.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210423_092225.jpg
    20210423_092225.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 166

Screwtop

Reaction score
From a great seller on Ebay. act412romans58 he has alot of good things at reasonable prices. If you watch any item he usually sends you an offer with a better price. He combines shipping. And he is a pastor. Check him out. I have dealt with him a dozen times.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

I know who you're talking about. I have several of his poisons on my watchlist.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I think we are hoarders who organize, clean, shine, light up, and respect our hoards! (Or are we curators?) I think of as my responsibility to caretake (and enjoy) some prized antiques while I’m here! I will ask my friend around the block, who happens to be a shrink, tomorrow! Because if most of your best friends are shrinks, your clearly not the craziest B in the room! Plus…. How can you go on vacation without a good shrink….

I began my hoard…. I mean collection back when I was pretty broke…. And the bottles were around on the property I lived on. We couldn’t get cable there, so digging bottles was entertainment. 35 years later, I am hooked…. But buy any bottle I want, so I go for what speaks to me.

But we are some sick puppies, I’m guessing! If u have to be addicted to something, I choose the bottles and the gym! It could be a lot worse, right?

Great thought provoking thread, Robby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We all have our reasons, I'm sure most are righteous. As long as we're having fun, giddy up

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
I found an amber Crush at an antique/vintage store when I was like 10, have been hooked ever since! Bottles aren't my main thing though, that'd be antique vacuum cleaners(profile pic is my oldest).

That’s really cool! I thing part of the attraction is the thrill of the hunt- and finding great bottles be it by digging or antiquing. I think that’s why I’m selling some, to make room to hunt more. I don’t think I’ve heard of a vintage vacuum collection, beyond my sis who is a true hoarder- and keeps every piece of crap, valuable or not! She doesn’t know why beyond “that’s my stuff”! Well does it work? No…. Are u going to fix it? No…. Then why is dad paying for storage for your crap ?! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Just my opinion. Lol! I could never keep it all clean. My cat Rodger would load up my antiques with his hair in no time if I hung them up on the wall like that. They must be screwed to the wall. It supports the cats weight.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Oh, snap! First both of you- I love your bottles! And I, too, collect bottles, bullets, and money! (And cats) but…. Ok, that torpedo bottle with the stand? Where did you find that stand? That is cool, because I never know how to display mine, and there would be more room for bottles that I don’t own yet, if these guys weren’t lounging around all over the place…
My cats can jump straight up, 14’ from a seated position, so if they get in my room, there is no stopping them. My 1 girl can open doors, also. So to save headaches of my own, because they really don’t care…. I pulled everything off them, gave the cats vintage briefcase steps up there, and just let them take over. I had just finished my cat room on steroids- like Disneyland if your a cat, with catwalks and a fort for them up by the ceiling, above the door? So they had the thought that all rooms were like that? Yes, the cameras have brackets I designed, to keep them firmly attached to the walls. Kira put her foot thru 1 but it was on my dresser. I just try and place the really sweet ones below suitcases, where they can’t get to them…. And picked up some fun lesser quality yet funky cameras to put, any place where there’s a chance they could get them. So I collect vintage breakable spendy stuff, and cats that can jump to any spot in the house. What could possibly go wrong?(That’s thinking, Kat!).

Part of the cat room I built:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Oh, snap! First both of you- I love your bottles! And I, too, collect bottles, bullets, and money! (And cats) but…. Ok, that torpedo bottle with the stand? Where did you find that stand? That is cool, because I never know how to display mine, and there would be more room for bottles that I don’t own yet, if these guys weren’t lounging around all over the place…
My cats can jump straight up, 14’ from a seated position, so if they get in my room, there is no stopping them. My 1 girl can open doors, also. So to save headaches of my own, because they really don’t care…. I pulled everything off them, gave the cats vintage briefcase steps up there, and just let them take over. I had just finished my cat room on steroids- like Disneyland if your a cat, with catwalks and a fort for them up by the ceiling, above the door? So they had the thought that all rooms were like that? Yes, the cameras have brackets I designed, to keep them firmly attached to the walls. Kira put her foot thru 1 but it was on my dresser. I just try and place the really sweet ones below suitcases, where they can’t get to them…. And picked up some fun lesser quality yet funky cameras to put, any place where there’s a chance they could get them. So I collect vintage breakable spendy stuff, and cats that can jump to any spot in the house. What could possibly go wrong?(That’s thinking, Kat!).

Part of the cat room I built:

I thought about carpeting the one walls and ceiling and putting shelves that he can climb or lay on but never got to complete the dream. He has a huge cat condo to himself. He would probably have kept me up raced up one wall across the ceiling and down the other wall all night. Lol! Aren't cats great! Rodger does not and others agree act like a cat. He is without a doubt a dog.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• Resized_20200706_164917.jpeg
    Resized_20200706_164917.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 148

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members