Putting on labels

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Section10

Reaction score
Greetings,
I've been gone a long time, but I found my way back. I intend to make up a few comic labels and put them on some plain bottles like this. I will use laser printing and I think there is some "waterproof" paper available. I am wondering if some particular kind of glue would be recommended for this. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_9750.JPG
    IMG_9750.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 57

willong

Reaction score
Greetings,
I've been gone a long time, but I found my way back. I intend to make up a few comic labels and put them on some plain bottles like this. I will use laser printing and I think there is some "waterproof" paper available. I am wondering if some particular kind of glue would be recommended for this. Thank you
Welcome to the site!

I'm looking forward to see what kind of response you get as I have thought about making at least a couple comic labels myself. Some, I think, could make great memes. The "Federal Law Forbids" embossing itself suggests some ideas :p!

Once you've settled on an adhesive, please post photos of your creative efforts.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I can see a creative bottle mind possibly forming here. If not, maybe a side line to the usual at the tables for a few of us. ;)

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

I'm looking forward to see what kind of response you get as I have thought about making at least a couple comic labels myself. Some, I think, could make great memes. The "Federal Law Forbids" embossing itself suggests some ideas :p!

Once you've settled on an adhesive, please post photos of your creative efforts.
The labels I put on some of my bottles I use milk, just pour a small amount in a small dish and I dip my finger into it, then rub the milk on the back of the label covering the whole label back, wait a few seconds, then apply the label to the bottle. Position the label while it's still moist. Works very well. From what I had read, if you want to remove the label just re-soak it with milk until it frees up, I haven't tried to remove any I've done, so I can't say how well that works. Here's a Black Label beer bottle I did about a month ago, the bottle when I found it still had enough label on it to ID it and I replaced it with the proper label. And yes, I used milk as an adhesive..... ;)
20220825_140425.jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
OH MAN!
Just let me know of the IPO! I think you have a winner as long as you skirt the copyright laws. Clear legal and you're off to the races all night long! ..And a bag of chips! (My current fav.)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky