Q's for the experts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

squirtbob

Reaction score
Thank you. Please keep me in mind if you get a spare.
ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

I got your email, I don't think I have any squirts from my area to spare. They tend to be far and few between. I know of one from Kingsport, Tennessee early 1940's, which is so hard to find that even I don't have one yet, and two variants from North Tazewell, VA, 1940's script style and 1950's blockish font, other than that I don't know of too many more squirts from my area.

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
Wow that OC is big! Is there a city on the bottom? im looking for Clinton, Iowa ones....

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Love that Par-T-Pak too. The Turk's head is awesome. Looking for similar types around west Tn. , digging a decent one is frustrating, disappearing ACL , when the bottle hits the light of day.
fleas markets have on occassion, usually with a flaw. Thanks for sharing!

squirtbob

Reaction score
The OC bottle is in very nice condition. There is no city listed anywhere on the bottle. I have promised that one to another member who is searching for a squirt for me. I'll keep my eye open for you. My Iowa squirt bottle is from Des Moines.
ORIGINAL: MrSchulz

Wow that OC is big! Is there a city on the bottom? im looking for Clinton, Iowa ones....

squirtbob

Reaction score
The Par-T-Pak is in great shape. It too is promised to another member searching for a squirt bottle for me. The Turk's Head is available. It has some cloudiness but the glass is nice. My only Squirt bottle from Tennessee is from Chattanooga. I would like one from West TN also.
ORIGINAL: CreekWalker

Love that Par-T-Pak too. The Turk's head is awesome. Looking for similar types around west Tn. , digging a decent one is frustrating, disappearing ACL , when the bottle hits the light of day.
fleas markets have on occassion, usually with a flaw. Thanks for sharing!

squirtbob

Reaction score
I found another bottle that I would also be willing to trade and so far haven't been able to locate a sale, current or old, on Ebay or find one listed anywhere. I'm sure someone here can help.
The bottle is a Dr. Sed "Good For YOU". It is embossed and appears to be manufactured by Root. It is 7 OZ. Based on the number on the heel I say it dates to 1930. The body is orange peel texture. Nice condition and lists Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL along with Dr. Sed on the bottom. I'll post a picture when I have time if anyone is interested.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I found another bottle that I would also be willing to trade and so far haven't been able to locate a sale, current or old, on Ebay or find one listed anywhere. I'm sure someone here can help.
The bottle is a Dr. Sed "Good For YOU". It is embossed and appears to be manufactured by Root. It is 7 OZ. Based on the number on the heel I say it dates to 1930. The body is orange peel texture. Nice condition and lists Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL along with Dr. Sed on the bottom. I'll post a picture when I have time if anyone is interested.
There are so many unknowns so to speak. I did my best to research the one on the link below but still couldn't get $10 for it. I should try again but I've become fond of it even though I don't collect sodas.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/A-couple-from-the-Dover-show/m-506956/tm.htm

squirtbob

Reaction score
I attended my first bottle show in Rome on Saturday and did find two squirt bottles that I needed. They were the only ones I saw at the show. I also visited the city of Rome and it is very interesting. During the course of the visit I purchased the Coca Cola Airline cooler. I had never seen one before and in checking them (sold and unsold) on Ebay noticed that this one is a little different than the others shown. The embossing appears much larger, it has no opener and the handle, though missing seems different. My guess is that it is a very early model of this type cooler ...someone on this site probably knows. One of the Squirts was from Nashville, TN and the other from Helena, MT. All the see through Squirts that I have (or have seen) were manufactured at the Owens-Illinois plant in Los Angeles and have been various west coast or northwest bottlers.

FCEA5A5F6C934D8D8F7473999C459B59.jpg

Attachments

• FCEA5A5F6C934D8D8F7473999C459B59.jpg
    FCEA5A5F6C934D8D8F7473999C459B59.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83

squirtbob

Reaction score
Here's the back of the Squirts

FCB917CAD944441E9DA07FD83A225523.jpg

Attachments

• FCB917CAD944441E9DA07FD83A225523.jpg
    FCB917CAD944441E9DA07FD83A225523.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 73

squirtbob

Reaction score
Here is the Dr. Sed bottle previously mentioned. It appears to be a Root bottle from 1930 and in very good condition. Sorry for the small pictures. I keep resizing them for uploading and they keep getting smaller. The King Beverage from Boston I pictured because of its condition. It is an Owens-Illinois bottle from 1948 and looks like it could have come off the shelf new today. Any interest in trades for early squirts?

573B7E53DC3B47C5A97A82F647D4CEC8.jpg

Attachments

• 573B7E53DC3B47C5A97A82F647D4CEC8.jpg
    573B7E53DC3B47C5A97A82F647D4CEC8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora