Q's for the experts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
I don't think I have any Squirts but I'm interested in the Dr Sed.

Will you be at Columbia?

squirtbob

Reaction score
I'm hoping that I can come to the Columbia show on Friday and I'll be glad to bring the Dr. Sed. Dr Said "find me some Squirt, please." [:D]
ORIGINAL: celerycola

I don't think I have any Squirts but I'm interested in the Dr Sed.

Will you be at Columbia?

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Bob,

It was good talking w/ you the other day, I like hearing about other things that people collect, though I can't find that author you were telling me about. Must have the spelling wrong. I Google Henti and all I get back is Japanese Anime. What's the correct spelling if you don't mind?

I see ya got lucky at the Rome show, maybe I should have went.

The Columbia show will be larger than the Rome show......................a lot larger. I think you'll be impressed if not overwhelmed. I do both Friday and Saturday...............just in case I've missed something and someone to talk to. Maybe we all can find something we need.

Also,

I should be getting the bottle I was telling you about and a few more this week & my list you were asking about, I just found it. I'll pass it on to you a little later.

Thanks again.

squirtbob

Reaction score
Hi Pat, It's G A Henty (1832-1902). Prolific author of historical fiction for boys. The first editions are among the most beautiful books of that era and very interesting reading. Some people learned history by reading Henty and he has made a resurgence in our day due to the home school movement. Hope you're talking about getting a SC/NC or KY squirt??
Columbia sounds too good to miss.
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

Bob,

It was good talking w/ you the other day, I like hearing about other things that people collect, though I can't find that author you were telling me about. Must have the spelling wrong. I Google Henti and all I get back is Japanese Anime. What's the correct spelling if you don't mind?

I see ya got lucky at the Rome show, maybe I should have went.

The Columbia show will be larger than the Rome show......................a lot larger. I think you'll be impressed if not overwhelmed. I do both Friday and Saturday...............just in case I've missed something and someone to talk to. Maybe we all can find something we need.

Also,

I should be getting the bottle I was telling you about and a few more this week & my list you were asking about, I just found it. I'll pass it on to you a little later.

Thanks again.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Bob, this is the one I was telling ya about. Got it Tues.....................it's not perfect. See under the S, a little paint missing that's about the worst of it, plus the seams are not centered. I hate it's not mint for ya.

It's Glenshaw bottle I belive................maybe 46, odd codes on it.

179D0ABDB1D2429C839AF09FED28226D.jpg

Attachments

• 179D0ABDB1D2429C839AF09FED28226D.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 84

squirtbob

Reaction score
Thanks for locating that one Pat. It fills a hole in the collection. Let's just take the bottles to Columbia and swap there. It's looking like I'll be able to make it.. If it's 1946 you should see an R on the lip, but it often not easy to see the letter. Anyway the back of the bottle leads me to believe its 46 or 47. You're a good scout ...keep it up!! Bob
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

Bob, this is the one I was telling ya about. Got it Tues.....................it's not perfect. See under the S, a little paint missing that's about the worst of it, plus the seams are not centered. I hate it's not mint for ya.

It's Glenshaw bottle I belive................maybe 46, odd codes on it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi