queen on horse - figurine shaped

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

krisray

Reaction score
Hi can you please help me? I have a bottle that is the shape/mold of a lady riding a horse. Its height is 9.5 inches and it is clear in colour. There is some paint/colouring on the bottle - that is original but no other markings to identify it. I have heard that this is the queen of Portugal - and that only a few were made when they realized that it was in poor taste to have royalty on a whiskey bottle. I have searched quite extensively yet have not been able to find anything at all on this bottle. Please help me with this mystery! If possible could you please provide me with how rare, its age, does it have history - and of course if it is of any value.
Thank you so much,

Ay73443.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73443.jpg
    Ay73443.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 104

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
This bottle is not listed in Revi's American Pressed Glass and Figural Bottles. I suspect that it is not American (nor Scottish), and therefore is unlikely to be a whiskey bottle.

I see that the "queen" is not riding side-saddle -- an unseemly thing for royalty. Are you sure it is a female figure? Does it have a bulging bosom? The red lips do not make this a female figure, if you are relying on that feature.

I don't think that this bottle will set any bidding records on eBay, but that's where the market value will be set. But, then, I don't collect 20th century figural bottles, so what do I know! [8|]

------------Harry Pristis

IRISH

Reaction score
The figure almost look's Mongolian (sp?) , but Harry is right throughout most of Europe until fairly recent times no lady let alone royalty would be so vulgar as to ride astride [:D] . Maybe it was different in Portugal ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown