QUEST FOR BOTTLES-New place to look...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
In my continuous quest for that elusive box of bottles stashed in someones shed, garage, etc.... I've come across a new area to look....LEGALS in the Newspaper....Does anyone know how this works? Do you have to pay at least the price due? Thx-Julie

Here's an actual ad from the Newspaper:

NOTICE OF SALE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on February 15, 2011, at 10:30 o'clock A.M. at Superior Mini Storage, 420 E Street, Superior, Douglas County, Wisconsin, the Douglas County Sheriff will sell at Public Sale the following described personal property, to-wit: Old Camp Stove, Saw, "Round Oak" stove, motorcycle gear, saw horses, scuba equipment, chair, bicycle, vinyl records, refrigerator. Said sale shall be held for the purpose of foreclosing a lien claimed for the storage of the above property by Superior Mini Storage, pursuant to Section 704.90 of Wisconsin Statutes; that at the time of said sale there shall be due and owing for said services, etc., the sum of $165.54, exclusive of the costs of sale; and that the name of the lessee thereof is Steven Christ. Dated at Superior, Wisconsin this 26th day of January, 2011. SUPERIOR MINI STORAGE D.N.-T. Jan. 28, Feb. 4, 2011 224399

mr.fred

Reaction score
I have been to a few Julie!----they Auction the stuff and try to get the most for the items[:)]-----Bid what you want-----But keep your Heart out of it[;)]. Clear as Mud??[:D]

towhead

Reaction score
ok! Now I just hope to find one that has bottles!

Thinking of putting an ad on the board at the Grocery Store, and hope someone's grandma or grandpa has a stash in the barn....[:)] -Julie

mr.fred

Reaction score
I re-read that article x3------i think they are talking about wanting the money owed for the storage locker[:eek:]??----I'm all confused now[sm=tongue.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]. What is it you want in particular ??

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Most of those sales around here are a mix of outdated electronics, a ratty old vehicle, and some furniture that you probably wouldn't put in a rental apartment.

I would think the more promising ones would be the clearance auctions on storage units. All sorts of little items get chucked into those.

Jim G

I re-read your post, and see now that you are talking specifically about self storage foreclosure. I imagine you are more prone to see boxes of small stuff at those. They are going to be really hit or miss though. Also, be warned, that sometimes the owners of those facilities put "the fix" in, whereby a friend is told where the good stuff is. Fortunately, for non bottle collectors, bottles are often not considered "good stuff". I saw a REALLY crooked questionable sale one time on a vehicle though. Left me with a bad taste for storage places.

JG

towhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I didn't want anything from that ad, that was just an example. I'm just hoping that maybe there will be some bottles in one of those ads some day. -Julie

logueb

Reaction score
Yeah Julie, They have those around here a lot. But most of the ads just say contents of Unit #12, Unit #23 etc.and give the storage renters names. They have to the time of the sale to pay the rent.....or it soon belongs to someone else. Have you seen the new TV series "Storage Wars" on the A&E network? I think they are based in California. Not sure I believe all of that , but I guess it's possible to buy a storage unit with baseball card collections, coin collections, toy collections etc. worth thousands.

towhead

Reaction score
Too funny Joe, I musta been reading it fast....I read round and oak, but thought table. Geeez.

Buster- Well, I might have to check some of those out, might be something else good! Haven't seen those shows.... -Julie

coreya

Reaction score
Its real tough to get past the professional storage unit buyers and get any kind of deal, these sales are for whole unit and you buy it you make it gone by end of day. very easy to get hurt.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky