QUEST FOR BOTTLES-New place to look...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jeff Keith

Reaction score
In my continuous quest for that elusive box of bottles stashed in someones shed, garage, etc.... I've come across a new area to look....LEGALS in the Newspaper....Does anyone know how this works? Do you have to pay at least the price due? Thx-Julie

Here's an actual ad from the Newspaper:

NOTICE OF SALE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on February 15, 2011, at 10:30 o'clock A.M. at Superior Mini Storage, 420 E Street, Superior, Douglas County, Wisconsin, the Douglas County Sheriff will sell at Public Sale the following described personal property, to-wit: Old Camp Stove, Saw, "Round Oak" stove, motorcycle gear, saw horses, scuba equipment, chair, bicycle, vinyl records, refrigerator. Said sale shall be held for the purpose of foreclosing a lien claimed for the storage of the above property by Superior Mini Storage, pursuant to Section 704.90 of Wisconsin Statutes; that at the time of said sale there shall be due and owing for said services, etc., the sum of $165.54, exclusive of the costs of sale; and that the name of the lessee thereof is Steven Christ. Dated at Superior, Wisconsin this 26th day of January, 2011. SUPERIOR MINI STORAGE D.N.-T. Jan. 28, Feb. 4, 2011 224399

A place I have discovered is watching the local 75-100 mile Diameter area depending upon how much traveling you like to do and times the auction starts. I will look on Auction Zip for Auctions within that general area and for the most part a bit of research can tell you if the auction is worth your travles and even if There might be a few Others say the first is on a Sat then look based upon the first Zipcode location and do a search from there. I do stay close to my home base. Having a 4 bedroom home and ample extra storage in the 3 spare rooms, plus Attic! Nice that I bought out the family farm estate and retired keeping the old 1871 Farm House, VERY large rooms, nice for China cabinets full of bottles! My friends will take me by the arm and lead me away from furniture at auctions! They don't wish to help me carry it home!
But we could have worse habits.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky