Question about trash pit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Truth1253

Reaction score
Are the Dixies pull tabs or older flat tops that needed a can opener to open. If you find Dixie cone tops you found something good. Curious, let me know. LEON.

I didn’t find this one but this is the kind that I saw a lot out there that were rusted which is why I have bought this one LOL
49dd28e415363e446504375a9e7af3af.jpg
931cbda30a3bc9c6f7220b5cce81b65b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, That one is extremely common. maybe worth $1.00 at most. You pretty much need to find that in a cone top if rusty to have any value. LEON.

Truth1253

Reaction score
I truly believe they have some older stuff underneath the 1899 house to 12 ft from the trash pit that’s on a embankment near the river. The 1807 house they put a shotgun house that attaches to the main house and the new owner believes the privy was where the put the bathroom with a slab over it.
aeaf7656e7c0e88de55676faf8e66c66.png
f3c2b1c4487b3fe182e32b358e172e5b.jpg
8f9b45e0f96d3b3da5889403345569a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
Got to be some much older goodies on that property, and being near New Orleans, there's no telling what you may find. Two of my best bottles are N.O. bottles. Best of luck!

sunrunner

Reaction score
if there isn't any sine's of trash a foot or two down below the serf us . then try some were else.

digem

Reaction score
Truth, Looking at your pics of this old place, I am familiar with it, (just from passing by and seeing it), and have wanted to look around there for quite some time. I just didn't know who to speak to about it and am not going to just walk into anyones property without permission. I have been digging bottles, digging privies and locating trash dumps for about 40 years and I think I am local to your location. I live up towards Bogalusa, on the North Shore. If you are interested in some help with locating where the original old bottle dump is, I have all of the tools and experience to offer. I am currently digging in several locations both on the north shore and in the city, but I would really love to take the time to help explore this old place. Also, I have metal detecting equipment to aide in the search. Please message me if you think you might be interested in meeting up or talking more about it, and I can give you a couple of good phone numbers; or just meet up with you at Walmart or somewhere. Thanks.

yacorie

Reaction score
Truth, Looking at your pics of this old place, I am familiar with it, (just from passing by and seeing it), and have wanted to look around there for quite some time. I just didn't know who to speak to about it and am not going to just walk into anyones property without permission. I have been digging bottles, digging privies and locating trash dumps for about 40 years and I think I am local to your location. I live up towards Bogalusa, on the North Shore. If you are interested in some help with locating where the original old bottle dump is, I have all of the tools and experience to offer. I am currently digging in several locations both on the north shore and in the city, but I would really love to take the time to help explore this old place. Also, I have metal detecting equipment to aide in the search. Please message me if you think you might be interested in meeting up or talking more about it, and I can give you a couple of good phone numbers; or just meet up with you at Walmart or somewhere. Thanks.

Did you guys ever meet up? This sounds like it has potential for a win-win situation for both parties for this property and maybe some future searches.

digem

Reaction score
Truth I responded sometime back to your post. My only intention ever was to offer to be of assistance in any way possible due to the fact I have extensive knowledge in bottle locating and digging. We are apparently in the same general vicinity. Should you decide you would be interested in asking me for any advice I would consider it a priveledge to provide such. I am in no way hoping to benefit by requesting or recieving any items we may locate. i have probes which I have made and would be willing to show you what I use. Look forward to your response. As always good luck and wish you the best.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora