Question about value of "A Merry Xmas" flasks?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there, my dad and I have dug up a couple BIM "A Merry Xmas" flasks, around 4 ounce capacity, that look like this guy:

$(KGrHqEOKpIE7FKNBt7SBRe,u)isgQ~~60_35.JPG

I just figured that they were blah 5-10 dollar bottles at best, but this morning I came across this completed listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1800s-WHISKEY-FLASK-saloon-BOTTLE-Merry-Christmas-/390583815762?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af09c0e52

75 bucks plus shipping?!? Some similar pumpkinseeds also went for 45 and 65 plus shipping. Is this an accurate value range, or are these prices flukes? Seems a bit high for a "generic" no-town colorless TOC bottle.

If not a fluke, I'd better go back and dig in the layer they were coming from. Plenty of broken ones have been found too so there have gotta be more in there. Any input would be appreciated.

epackage

Reaction score
Seen them reach into the $100+ area around the holidays Plumby, nice find, now go see if you can get a matching Happy New Year...[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Jim, I never really paid attention to the things so had no idea that there was a solid demand for them. And here I thought I had a decent feel for what's good, lol. Learn something new every day. [:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu