question for ebay sellers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ratbastard

Reaction score
early this past saturday i found a bottle i wanted on ebay and used the buy it now option. so i paid with paypal and was pretty happy that what i thought was a good deal . later saturday i got a message from the seller stating he made a mistake with the by it now price and he wanted more money for the bottle which was already purchased by myself. i wrote back to him that it wasn't my fault that the mistake was made and to honor my purchase and to double check his listings the next time. so monday morning i get an email saying my paypal purchase has been refunded because we couldn't reach an agreement about the purchase price and seller satated in his reason why he refunded my money was i told him " your fault for the mistake too bad " i didn't agree with that and stated so in the reply to eaby. i see some of the sellers negative feedback that some had bad experiences with the seller. my question to ebay sellers on here is have any of you done the same thing because you made a mistake with the price after your item was sold to an ebay bidder ? i think he should have done the right thing by selling me the bottle for the amount i purchased it for. i have contacted the seller to find out if the bottle was still for sale but haven't gotten a response nor have i left any feedback as of yet. this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

epackage

Reaction score
Never made that mistake myself, if it was a $1,000 bottle and mistakenly listed for $10 I think every seller would do the same thing. If it was a $40 bottle and you got it for $20 then I think he screwed you... Can you leave him negative feedback?

ratbastard

Reaction score
i can leave negative feedback but i don't want the same from him as my feedback is 100% and his isn't. the purchase price without shipping was 50.00 and he stated he wanted 75.00 plus postage. i talked to a local antique dealer this afternoon and was told the bottle was 50.00 any day as it was a local area bottle but not sold often on ebay

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how badly he missed the proper pricing on the bottle. It will do him no good if it was not a big difference to not sell you the item. He should have sucked it up and done the right thing, just for giggles how much was the disparity between the price he listed and what it should have been listed for??...........

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Well you just answered my giggle question, AND he SHOULD have just sucked it up and sold you that bottle....$25.00 isn't going to break him, and if it did, he doesnt belong selling on fleabay[:D][:D]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I don think he can leave you the buyer negative feedback, I believe that's how fleabay new rules are. BUT it is probably better to just let it go........

ratbastard

Reaction score
live and learn i guess. hope i can find another one someday but to me that guy as a seller sucks

splante

Reaction score
ebay should make him abide by the buy it now price, when ou bid on something it states you are entering a contract. Being $50 or $75 is not that big of a diffrence he should honor it. Ive made a few mistakes and I have always done the right thing. you said his feeedback show trouble as a sellar always check before bidding and stay away from them
good luck

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Its easy to screw up and leave a wrong buy-it-now value if you do a bunch of listings with turbolister.
I listed a $60 sterling salt and accidently left a $10 buy it now from a previous item.
Someone bought it in like 2 minutes , before I could even change the auction.
I sent it to them for that price. I'm sure they were happy.

In theory if you list an item for sale and someone buys it, its a legal contract.
You could take them to court and probably win but that would cost more than the item.
The only other recourse is getting Fleabay involved but all they will likely do is give him a warning unless there have been a lot of other complaints. Best you can do is give negative feedback.

Sellers can no longer give negative feedback. Fleabay has f'd up that part of their system

If he is a normal bottle seller post his seller name on sites like this. That will hurt him more than anything and warn other collectors.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu