Quick question....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Figured I'd put this in here. I have a thread in the cleaning/repairing section about a rare milk bottle that I'd like the pieces that are left glued together. Does anyone on here do that sort of thing or know someone who does? I want it done right because I don't want to try and do it and break it even more hahahah. Go there and see the pics of it tell me what ya think. Thanks -Sam

MichaelFla

Reaction score
From the look of it, you might be able to just super-glue those pieces together. Not the best way, but as clean as those breaks look it might work out pretty well.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
There are a few smaller pieces that need to be attached as well. Part of the neck, and a small sliver on the back, that's the hard one. Thanks for the short cut Spirit Bear

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Simple: You copy and paste the link, type something INSIDE the blue after you hit space after typing the link, and erase the rest of the link. But you're on a phone, so I dunno if you can do that? I've used a phone for internet stuff, twice in my life.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
I'm on both Bear. This site sucks on my phone, I just use it for reading posts. Didn't know you could do that with a hyperlink. Kind of like facebook I spose. I guess I might just up glueing it myself. Gonna call a friend of mine I know, he's done it before, see what he says about it. Like I said, I don't want to break it any more.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Eh. It doesn't break till after you get it through the rough stuff, and are handling it gently-- like my last Muskegon Brewery bottle-- when it suddenly bursts apart. [:D] In a way, it was hilarious. If it breaks more, it just takes a little more glue-goo! Good luck, amigo!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello Sam, use the superglue, you don't have to put it on all parts of the pieces edges to get a strong bond, and its colorless. Just be patient and don't try to do it all in one fell swoop so to speak.......

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Thanks andy, my girlfriend suggested doing that too. I'll do it when I come back from Vacation, I'll have a clear mind then hopefully. Hopefully the nightmares of broken LJ Bouchard milk bottles will leave my sleep lol. Thanks guys you're advice is always much appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac