R.I.P. Jake. We will miss you dearly.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
As some of you know, Jake, our beloved friend and pet, had a battle with Bamboo poisoning about a month back. On top of that, he suffered a stroke from the anesthesia that he had for his annual shots. He shown signs of improvement in the last week or so, but soon deteriorated afterwords. So my wife made the very difficult decision to have him put down. Today, I had to do one of the crappiest things I can remember doing in a long time. I had to say goodbye to my dear friend. He was 16 years old this month.
I will have more later, but for now, may he be at peace. [:(]

epackage

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, I know the feeling all too well. I'm sure he's running around dog heaven having a heck of a time....

cyberdigger

Reaction score
My SINCERE condolences, Steve.. it's just plain sad, and it will take time to recover from, I'm barely getting over losing Alice, that was like months ago..

BillinMo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Pets bring so much into our lives and it's never easy to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
It really hurts to lose a beloved pet, especially when you don't have any children and your pets are the next closest thing like ours are. Be glad you were blessed with the time you had with Jake. Hang in there. Sorry for your loss.

PD

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey Stephen I thought of this song I always liked. The words are haunting........ I hope you like it.....Its kind of fitting to your sorrow..hang in there God Bless....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKAyorx1uU

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Really sorry you had to go through that! I did once and hope to never have to again. My old barn cat Cinder....She was around for as long as your Jake...then Penn Digger brought me a cat that I still have, (Oliver) who is now unbelievably almost that old, and I fear I'll have to deal with that someday, although I wish him as many years as comfortable...Hang in there....sorry for your loss.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I have a cat that is 16 years old now. She eats sleeps and pisses every where in the house. My wife just walked in the room and said. "i hope this doesn't sound weird,but can you shoot the cat? I cant take cleaning up piss any more"WTF I thought I was sick[:-]

Sorry about your cat. They all go to animal Heaven sooner or later

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:eek:] Sorry to hear about Jake, Sounds like he had a good life while he was here, I know that you will miss him. Take careand hug the missus........andy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp