R. Swinley Co. Paterson NJ

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

medbotls

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. I bought it with the sole intention of passing on to someone here, because I remembered someone seemed quite passionate about Paterson NJ bottles :) If you're coming to the Baltimore show, I'm usually at the club's appraisal table from 10:00-12:00. If not, we can make other arrangements.

Andy

epackage

Reaction score
It's no big deal Andy, like I said I have it and would only use it as a trader so let whoever you got it for have it, thanx for the kind offer. I don't think I will be making that show, collecting in such a limited window as I am I don't think the 6 hours of travel time would be worth it, just not sure how many Paterson bottles there would be at such a show.
Thanx again,
Jim

medbotls

Reaction score
LOL...the person I meant was YOU. :) No worries though. I figured it was common when I got it, but it's fun imagining finding a scarce bottle, and just as much fun seeing someone's eyes pop when they see it. Kinda like a mini-lottery. No *pop* this time, but I'll keep looking. Good luck in your search...oh yeah, any other bottles you're looking for?

Andy

epackage

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize that, is there anything you might be looking for that I might be able to trade you, let me know and I'll see what I can do and go thru what I have...Jim

medbotls

Reaction score
No problem Jim. I have the proverbial "champagne taste on a beer budget" though, so its hard for other folks to find something I like that I can afford. My tastes are wide ranging, but pontiled and early smooth based medicines from just about anywhere, flasks, bitters, whiskeys, early foods/pickles, early lead soldered food cans with paper labels, advertising signs...the list goes on.
If you know someone else in your club that might be interested in the Swinley, send 'em my way, but like I said, it's really not a big deal. Thanks for the info, and may you find a puce pontiled soda from Paterson for a buck at the next flea market.

Andy

Andy

epackage

Reaction score
OK Meds, I have a bunch of common meds and stuff and a nice McMunn's Elixir of Opium, here are a few pic's and if you see something you might want maybe we can do a trade, if not maybe it will sell in Baltimore. either way let me know after seeing the pic's......Thanx for looking out for me....Jim

Here is the link with pic's, I don't want to post all the pic's a second time since they are all in this previous post, the only one not available is the Hostelley from Collingdale PA.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-283895/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#283895

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hey Andy,

Here's the listing "PATERSON 12-H- -NJ-L- -"SWINLEY, R & CO"(10-1/2") " at Soda & Beer Collector's Pad. Is it 10-1/2 inches tall? Could'ya take another photo of the top and finish?

Here's one that sold on e-bay.

Here's some ad copy:

"R. SWINLEY & CO.
Mineral Water Manufacturer
Soda, Ginger Ale, Cream Soda, Sarsaparilla
Also Spruce, Cherry and Birch Beer. Bottlers
of Extra Fine Lager Beer. Orders by Mail will
Receive Prompt Attention.
Factory Cor. Fair and Washington Streets
Paterson, NJ
Telephone orders received at 463B." From the Paterson Republican, of Wednesday Evening, September 19, 1888

I do know of someone who will probably like this guy, but probably already has it...

firewagonno1.jpg
10.5" is Rare.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1