R.W. SNYDER

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
I have old crown tops that are embossed 12 1/2 oz unknown and 13 oz D.P.B. (Deer Park Bottling). I always thought they were odd amounts. Anything to be different I guess.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
yup, I've got bottles saying 11 oz., 10 oz. 6oz. 6 1/2oz., 7 oz., 12 oz., 12 1/2oz., 13 oz. ....

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
When it comes to what "SIZE" is a bottle, I have never really worried about the ACTUAL VOLUME. It can drive you crazy with all of the different volumes. So if I call something a "PINT" size it could in reality be 12ish to 20ish ounces in volume. A "QUART" might be 25ish to 36ish actual ounces. It is nowhere near an EXACT science. It is just a generalization on my part.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a wonderful bottle! I think it might be the first labeled Baltimore loop bottle that I've seen. Also, what on earth was imitation while cherry phosphate? It doesn't sound too pleasant...

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
When it comes to what "SIZE" is a bottle, I have never really worried about the ACTUAL VOLUME. It can drive you crazy with all of the different volumes. So if I call something a "PINT" size it could in reality be 12ish to 20ish ounces in volume. A "QUART" might be 25ish to 36ish actual ounces. It is nowhere near an EXACT science. It is just a generalization on my part.
Spoken like a true politician!
ROBBYBOBBY64

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
GREAT label.

Jim G
I like the woman pictured at the spinning wheel. The slogan "It speaks for itself John" printed underneath. Who the hell isJohn? I have only a couple of paper labeled bottles. This is a collectable label. Thanks for the compliment.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Wow that's a wonderful bottle! I think it might be the first labeled Baltimore loop bottle that I've seen. Also, what on earth was imitation while cherry phosphate? It doesn't sound too pleasant...
It was found at every soda fountain shop back then. Very popular with children. Wild cherry phosphate and funny enough cherry phosphate referred in some recipes as tame cherry. Wild and tame, makes sense. Phosphate is phosphoric acid that has been neutralized by mineral salts like calcium, magnesium and potassium to help maintain a safe level of acidity.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora