Rabbit candy jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Once again, this is the type of post / thread that these forums are best for. Besides, it's fun to help another collector. I agree about the cost of reference books but I like them almost as much of the Bottles, Jars & Insulators. Jim

sunrunner

Reaction score
I love books as much as I love bottles , they tell me just as much.

coreya

Reaction score
Well bought the book (Compleat American Glass Candy Containers Handbook/With Supplement) got it today, no supplement and rabbit not in there![:'(] and yes compleat is spelled just that way on the book. Only dropped 11 bucks and change so adding it to the shelf!!!! By the way E & A stands for Eikelberner & Agadjanian the authors of the revised edition.

botlguy

Reaction score
coreya said:
Well bought the book (Compleat American Glass Candy Containers Handbook/With Supplement) got it today, no supplement and rabbit not in there![:'(] and yes compleat is spelled just that way on the book. Only dropped 11 bucks and change so adding it to the shelf!!!! By the way E & A stands for Eikelberner & Agadjanian the authors of the revised edition.
What does it show for # 614? That is the number shown in the auction catalog. Or is that number in the absent supplement?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Send the book back saying its supplement was missing, and you are displeased-- that you did not get what you paid for and desire a full refund?

coreya

Reaction score
Jim, # 614 shows a similar (slightly smaller with a marking on the body by the base "1 oz Avor" ) Rabbit so close but no cigar! Mine may be a later one done with reworked mold?Bear, I'm in communication with the seller so we will see.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I was only a "dealer" for a very short time and never collected many books other than bottle research and a few "price guides" that I never paid much attention to for the prices. I got some odds and ends like LP's, comic books and some Jim sent me on Tokens and a couple others but I just don't have the money or room to be a "dealer" again, just have a interest in things I'm already comfortable with.
I have got some cool stuff on Indian myths and legends, wild edible and medicinal plants and a few of the Foxfire and similar books.

coreya

Reaction score
On closer examination it appears to be #612 variation B in the book we have been talking about, the rabbit originally had a green head with gold ears and the gold ribbon on neck. Still no date range or manufacturer.Eric, I am not a "dealer", just a dedicated collector / hoarder (lol) I do hit garage sales and estate sales as entertainment (cheaper than the movies) to make a few extra bucks to supplement my retirement, and as a result end up with some weird stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky