Radway

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Are you sure yours were this same variant? Pontiled and that color? I would give you $50.00 for every one of those you had, no matter how many. One other thing is that seller, David Bethman, is very well known and reliable, that sometimes has a positive effect of price. Jim

nhpharm

Reaction score
The color is aqua. There is content residue but it is an aqua bottle (and David has described it as such). As far as I am aware it is the most common variation of the pontiled ones. Nice example, but very common.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I must be looking at that wrong. It looks to me like an amber bottle with an aqua pontil. The pic of the base that shows the pontil also shows that the light passing through the edges makes it look amber, and not aqua with dark contents.Of course, I am due for new glasses, so I might be way off. [8|][:)]

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I must be looking at that wrong. It looks to me like an amber bottle with an aqua pontil. The pic of the base that shows the pontil also shows that the light passing through the edges makes it look amber, and not aqua with dark contents.Of course, I am due for new glasses, so I might be way off. [8|][:)]

botlguy

Reaction score
I was one of those that saw it as colored, either amber or olive, and did not read the description. Shows how even a 50 year collector doesn't know everything and jumps to conclusions. [:mad:] I'm guilty! Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Aqua was a little tough to notice and the "original contents" is unlikely as you can see through it to the fingers on the other side. If the contents can darken it that much that shouldn't be.Content stained or maybe a few drops perhaps but not full contents.Is it deception,... I don't think so but it's not clearly written.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen