Railway dump and a short river hunt.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Hello all! Here are some of my finds from some recent adventures...

I stumbled across what I believe to be an old railway dump. Unfortunately it isn't very old, it barely gets to the early 1900s. However I found some good bottles and will be going back in search of local milks as this dump is the right age. Here are my finds, which need more cleaning:
20200219_182252.jpg

Back from Left to Right:
Old glass piggy bank, Universal Store 5 cent milk, citrate of magnesia with medical staffs, my first sawers bluing, and a world's fair pictorial promotional refrigerator jar "a century of progress 1833-1933".

Front from Left to Right:
Uranium glass shaker, Higgins Ink, bird shaker, a newer bromo, and a milk of magnesia.

20200219_182301.jpg

A close up of the piggy bank which has a piece broken out of it (other side). The only way to get the money out of these was to break them which explains the damage to this one.

Besides this digging trip I also found a water spot for the warmer months (can't wait!). I noticed pieces of crockery, sodas, meds and more covering the bottom of a river. I was able to get a few of the closer bottles with a stick from the bank:

20200219_182434.jpg

From left to right:
Vicks jar and two King Westerly R.I. art deco sodas.

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice finds! I once found a larger version of that glass piggy bank at a thrift store full of change dating back to the 30s. There actually is a way to get the money out of these things with a knife, but it's time consuming and I think a lot of people didn't know that you could do it that way.

I'd be curious to see a close-up of that World's Fair bottle as well, looks like it's got some interesting embossing.

Relicdigger16

Reaction score
I have that exact piggy bank. it may be a repro though. my sister in law won it at the Jersey shore and gave it to me in the early 1970's. your finds are great. happy future hunting.
Relicdigger16

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Love that 33 fair bottle. Also that green (salt shaker?) bottle. Is that uranium glass? I have a Chicago 1934 Chicago fair whiskey flask found in beachsand at Indiana Dunes.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That is a nice World's fair bottle. Thumbs up to the uranium glass also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger