Rare Blob Top!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

A2TED

Relic Retriever
Reaction score
Ann Arbor is the home of the University of Michigan, and the town has been expanding at an exponential rate since I moved there in 2001. As much as I enjoy watching the local economy grow and new faces moving to town, the original landscape is disappearing and properties that once were abandoned are becoming parking lots. However, even with all the new developments, I've been lucky enough to find some areas that haven't been destroyed and boy did it finally pay off. This weekend I dug one of my bucket list blob tops that also happens to be a rare one. It is a Michigan Union Brewing Company from probably around 1903-1906. This bottle is in immaculate condition. Zero pings, chips, major scratches, cracks, she's just absolutely perfect. These don't come up for sale either and I've been after this one since I first began digging in March 2020. There are about ten different bottle variants the brewery manufactured in their years of operation (1903-1918) and now I have four of the ten whole, but unfortunately have dug every variant in some sort of broken form. Still though, an amazing local and rare blob! Going back this weekend, hopefully, some more roll out :D
61325147960__18FE9C37-3B60-4308-854A-2ACE810472AC 2.jpg

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Great find. like an amber Hutchinson, amber blobs are not found every day. Nice condition as you mentioned.
ROBBYBLOBBY64 lol!

A2TED

Relic Retriever
Reaction score
Great find. like an amber Hutchinson, amber blobs are not found every day. Nice condition as you mentioned.
ROBBYBLOBBY64 lol!

You’d be surprised at how many amber blobs exist in the Midwest. Seems every brewery here had one. I wish I could’ve found an amber hutch though... that could’ve been an incredible find if it was from Michigan. I don’t even think I’ve seen or heard of one before. [mention]hemihampton [/mention] would be the guy to tell you about that tho!

Ted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2TED

Relic Retriever
Reaction score
ROBBYBLOBBY64 lol!

According to hutchbook, there are only six documented amber hutches from Michigan and you already know they’re all listed as Rare!

Ted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hemihampton is one of many knowledgeable people on this site. Amazing what they know. Very helpful men and women.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
ROBBYBLOBBY64 lol!
I guess they are found everyday! Doesn't change my opinion that bottle is sweet.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky