RARE BOTTLE (?)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ACLbottles

Reaction score
This is the exact bottle recently listed on ebay. Surprisingly enough, even at $50, it closed with no bids. Early, beautiful soda that you'd think would be worth that.

It looks like the seller ended that one early "because there was an error in the listing". Surely there would be at least one bid on it at $50. Beautiful bottle!

hemihampton

Reaction score
He's got another similar bottle at $355 & 2 days to go. Maybe he ended early because he got a private big $$ offer? LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
He's got another similar bottle at $355 & 2 days to go. Maybe he ended early because he got a private big $$ offer? LEON.

He's got some other pontil bottles with a starting bid of $500.00, so I think he might have left off a zero by accident. I don't think it says how long it was up for either, so it might not have any bids because he ended the auction almost immediately after posting it.

hemihampton

Reaction score

DavidW

Reaction score
The bottle was relisted and actually sold for $610.00 on May 27. Now, it is listed again (for the third time I believe) starting on May 31, with an opening bid of 50.00. Six more days to go.

I wrote to the seller to ask what was going on, and I will let you all know when I hear from them.

I am assuming the high bidder on the previous listing (for 610.00) backed out for some reason or refused to pay the price. We will see!!!

EDIT: I just read the description more carefully this time. The seller is relisting the bottle because the high bidder was a non-payer!!!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334459436639

Last edited:

Jersey64

Reaction score
The bottle was relisted and actually sold for $610.00 on May 27. Now, it is listed again (for the third time I believe) starting on May 31, with an opening bid of 50.00. Six more days to go.

I wrote to the seller to ask what was going on, and I will let you all know when I hear from them.

I am assuming the high bidder on the previous listing (for 610.00) backed out for some reason or refused to pay the price. We will see!!!

EDIT: I just read the description more carefully this time. The seller is relisting the bottle because the high bidder was a non-payer!!!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334459436639
It looks like the bottle above and the one are ebay are the same one. Looking at the pattern on the bottom of each bottle - it seems to match?

E

Reaction score
I collect Cincy pontils, this is a good bottle, but I don't know about $610. I believe there are a couple versions of the Wilke panelled bottle, and this this is the rarer variant (now that Wil's Bottle Den "American Pontiled Soda Database" is no more, I am not the "expert" that I used to be...). I know that this is the third time this bottle has come up for sale in recent weeks: it was recalled once over questions of condition (it has a few flea bites) and the second time the buyer backed out. A quick check shows it currently at $152 with 5 days to go on current auction. If it stays reasonable I will make a bid later- wish me luck this would go on shelve with my limited other panelled Cincys.

Reaction score
It said the listing ended because "there was an error in the listing", which usually means the seller accepted an offer. I would guess that it sold for more than $50.

DavidW

Reaction score
It said the listing ended because "there was an error in the listing", which usually means the seller accepted an offer. I would guess that it sold for more than $50.
Willington Glass, NO, the bottle is currently listed (relisted) and the seller actually writes in his description that the previous buyer was a Non-Payer. That is why he is relisting. Here is the current auction URL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334459436639

It is up to 152 dollars with 30 watchers, so this is going to get pretty high again - plenty of time for people to find it on ebay over the next five days.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum