Rare Local Milk Bottles Purchased in May

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Well, the month of May was very good to me. I have added a whopping 32 Tupper Lake NY / Faust NY bottles to my collection, 29 of which being milk bottles. Many of them are extremely rare and varieties that I have never owned! The Franklin Dairy slug plates I never owned in the pint / quart sizes, and I got a half pint and pint Altamont slug plate (pint not pictured). The Tip Top half pint is the only one known with the dotted grip on the neck right now. I got some beautiful Pyroglaze/ ACL bottles I do not have pictured. I will be posting more as I get them photographed. The biggest single-day haul ever for me was 28 milk bottles this month.

Then, on Sunday I ended up buying the newly discovered A.S. Hosley milk bottle from Tupper Lake, which has 1915 date code. I have collected bottles for 11 years and got my first Tupper bottle in 2013, and have never seen the Hosley one before. I honestly doubted it existed still, as I knew about the farm but the dump and farm were completely built over in 1923. Absolutely stoked to be adding even more one of a kind local bottles to my collection.

IMG_20210531_204521_963.jpg
IMG_20210526_173337_318.jpg
IMG_20210525_134531_085.jpg
IMG_20210524_190013_093.jpg
IMG_20210523_182737_717.jpg

butchndad

Reaction score
i'm sure it's been discussed before but it's an interesting question: how, if at all, do we as individuals limit our collection? By town or state? by type of bottle contained? By what it contained? By age? By color? By .....?

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
i'm sure it's been discussed before but it's an interesting question: how, if at all, do we as individuals limit our collection? By town or state? by type of bottle contained? By what it contained? By age? By color? By .....?
Good question. My collection varies a lot, but I have the most pride in bottles that bear my town's name. However, I do collect anything that I think is cool or odd- especially when talking about my insulator collection. Those I try to collect different brands /styles / CD numbers.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I only collect embossed bottles that I’ve dug, milk ACL bottles that are from Missouri, and any ACL soda bottle that catches my eye as long as I find it at a estate sale/ resale shop. No online purchases. Helps keeping down my collection a little bit

RCO

Reaction score
Well, the month of May was very good to me. I have added a whopping 32 Tupper Lake NY / Faust NY bottles to my collection, 29 of which being milk bottles. Many of them are extremely rare and varieties that I have never owned! The Franklin Dairy slug plates I never owned in the pint / quart sizes, and I got a half pint and pint Altamont slug plate (pint not pictured). The Tip Top half pint is the only one known with the dotted grip on the neck right now. I got some beautiful Pyroglaze/ ACL bottles I do not have pictured. I will be posting more as I get them photographed. The biggest single-day haul ever for me was 28 milk bottles this month.

Then, on Sunday I ended up buying the newly discovered A.S. Hosley milk bottle from Tupper Lake, which has 1915 date code. I have collected bottles for 11 years and got my first Tupper bottle in 2013, and have never seen the Hosley one before. I honestly doubted it existed still, as I knew about the farm but the dump and farm were completely built over in 1923. Absolutely stoked to be adding even more one of a kind local bottles to my collection.

View attachment 225970View attachment 225971View attachment 225972View attachment 225973View attachment 225974

often have that same question as to the existence of certain rare local bottles , just cause I've never seen them doesn't mean they don't exist . our main town dump ( pre 1930's one ) was also paved over and never dug so would make it that much harder for someone to ever find any from this area from that era

although being a rural area is obviously other smaller dump sites and farms out there which have or had bottles back then

it can sometimes take a lot of effort / work or sometimes good luck to eventually uncover these local bottles

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi