Rare log cabin bottles There were only 24 of these bottle make as you can see they have designs on both side.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

What would these bottle be worth since there are 24 ever made?

• Rare

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Bottles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ljbk

Reaction score
1665771895493.png
1665771934532.png

ljbk

Reaction score
Please advise.

I have a log cabin syrup bottle that is a bicentennial 1776 that is unique.

My ex-father-in-law (Charles Condor) worked for a bottle manufacturing company called the Ball Brothers Glass Factory in Muncie, Indiana or Harvey, Illinois in 1976 when this company was making these bottles for log cabin syrup. One night he decided to make some special bottles. The normal bottles have a design on one side (female) and are smooth on the other side (male) where the label goes. He took the molds with the designs on them and put them together so this bottle had a design on both sides. He made 12 of these bottles and gave them away to different family members and friends. I have two of these bottles of which there were only 12 made. Are these bottles worth anything today since they were made on possibly illegally? I have enclosed pictures of both sides of the bottle to prove what I am saying.

Thank you.

Sincerely

Larry J. Sharp

P.O. Box 253

Dixon, MO 65459

(573) 759-2150

Email: sharp472@hotmail.com

KKRoadie

Reaction score
Interesting and very cool. I am not a lawyer but surely the statutes of limitations expired on any crime committed decades ago. If this is like some rare coins that were minted “without authorization” they could indeed be very valuable. Of course the value will be decided by who wants them and what they are willing to pay. If I was a collector of maple syrup bottles (I am not) I would probably pay too dollar for them but I have no idea what a fair price would be for something that rare. I suggest going to a bottle show and asking around for the collectors that specialize in that category. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94