Real or Repo green Warner's Safe K&L Cure?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

markh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Here's a nice looking green Warner's Safe K&L Cure with label on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180444726415#description

Is it a repo? It looks almost too pristine, and I don't see this type of label at: http://warnerssafeblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/warners-safe-cure-labels-labels-and-more-labels/

I was wondering if any Warner's bottle experts could comment on this bottle. Did Wheaton make a repo Warner's with Warner's instead of the usual Franks?
The seller is new, 0 feedback and the reserve is set at $100.

Thanks,
Mark

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..I just asked for what's on the base.. I'm expecting "Made in Taiwan"

sargetom26

Reaction score
Hi all, it is a reproduction made by crown china co, I dropped her an e-mail yesterday to let her know. I have one just like it in my warners collection. I'm really tired of seeing reproduction bottles offered as "vintage rare bottles", I don't have the time to e-mail each person and let them know. Some novice collector will get burned and get turned off on bottle collecting in general. Most of the time the sellers claim they genuinely don't know, but if you're selling something you should at least have basic knowledge of the item. Just my opinion. Happy Holidays, Tom.

dcoffin5

Reaction score
FYI.
I sent this eBay seller a polite email explaining the situation as I learned about it here on the forum. She replied with what appears to be a sincere appology, she says that she's going to change the description to clearly state reproduction.
Her story is that items were donated to the old folks rest home that she works at, the things that didn't sell at their annual flea market were to be listed on eBay. She did just enough research to think that she had a gold mine with this bottle.
I believe there was no intention to deceive. . . it was just a non-bottle person 'loose canon' on eBay!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen