Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Recent heart breakers

Jun 11, 2019
Who else is killing the heart breakers this year?
crosse & blackwell purveyors to the queen london
charles culden importer patented march 29 1898
Udolpho Wolfe's Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps
TURNER BROTHERS
NEW YORK, BUFFALO, NY.
&*SAN FRANCISCO CAL*

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
That's a shame, some of those would have been real beauties! Is the Turner Brothers pontilled? And that triangular one is really unusual, I wonder what it contained. There aren't many triangular American bottles out there.

Jun 11, 2019
That's a shame, some of those would have been real beauties! Is the Turner Brothers pontilled? And that triangular one is really unusual, I wonder what it contained. There aren't many triangular American bottles out there.
You ain't jokin! Turner's isn't pontilled. I think I read somewhere the triangular one contained mustard or something similar. My buddy actually found a complete one at the same site. I love finding a cache of good bottles.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Doesn't look like mustard to me at all, at least not the sort of mustard we have today. It would have been really difficult to get it out of the bottle. Maybe capers, the colour is similar to a lot of European caper bottles but the neck is very thin for that.

sandchip

Sep 1, 2008
Georgia
Great color on the Wolfe's and that black Turner's would've brought a buck or two if it had been whole. My heart breaks for you!

Jun 11, 2019
Doesn't look like mustard to me at all, at least not the sort of mustard we have today. It would have been really difficult to get it out of the bottle. Maybe capers, the colour is similar to a lot of European caper bottles but the neck is very thin for that.
Sorry it looks like it says Charles Gulden not Culden. I agree with it not being a good design to get out a sauce, but maybe they didn't know any better back then. Here is where I read the mustard info. https://www.bottlepickers.com/bottle_articles208.htm

Jun 11, 2019
Great color on the Wolfe's and that black Turner's would've brought a buck or two if it had been whole. My heart breaks for you!
Thanks sandchip! At least it gives me something to stay motivated and dream about

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilbit