Red Cross bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleCandles

Reaction score
I bought this on ebay but can't find information on it anywhere. I'm hoping to dig up a lead for a compelling backstory (I cast bottles into beeswax candles, and sell them tagged with journalistic bits). Have you ever come across one, or have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The seller's listing reads: "Antique The Red Cross Pharmacy Bottle Beautiful Very Rare Light Purple. Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.This bottle is in excellent condition no chips or cracks. Bottle is 6 1/2” tall and 1 3/4” wide. Honestly I have never seen a bottle like this before.I researched it and cannot find any information on it .If anybody has any information let me know thank you."
RedCross.pngredcross2.png redcross3.png

sandchip

Reaction score
Looks to date from 1890-1910, but can't tell you much other than that. The cross is odd because the bottle looks more like something a food product would come in, like some type of sauce. You didn't mention a price on it, but regardless, it's not going to be that valuable in my opinion.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Looks like an olive oil or sauce to me and likely not a "Red Cross" pharmacy bottle. There were a bunch of companies that used the cross as a trade mark around 1900 for various products.

BottleCandles

Reaction score
I paid $25 for it, but wasn't looking for value.... I liked the look and hoped it had a potentially interesting backstory. (I've found good narratives from JR Watkins, Richard Hudnut and Llewellyn Pharmacy.) Thanks for your responses -- you're right, it does look more like a food/sauce bottle, unfortunately.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Maybe Red Cross pickles...there was a company in Boston named that as well as one in Winnipeg.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado