Red Rock BIM Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bloodj2

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Red Rock Bottling Company bottles from here local in Knoxville. The One on the right is newer, it's machine made, but recently I found the one on the left that's BIM and the "this bottle never sold" warning is at the base instead of up toward the top. Also, the crown is a little bit different. Have any of the East Tennessee guys ever seen one like this??? Any guess on the Age of the one on the left? I'm pretty sure the one on the right is late teens to early 20's. The context of the left red rock was 1914 to probably 1920, but I've never found a BIM crown top soda before.

Thanks!

red_rock.jpg

smoothjazz63

Reaction score
ABM bottles became the predominant types used after 1910 or so. But that does not mean every single manufacturer of glass bottles necessarily invested in the needed equipment as soon as it became available. For example, the Hobbleskirt Coca-Cola bottles patented in the Fall of 1915 should have all been ABM, but they certainly are not. I have two BIMAL examples in my collection. One is Coca-Cola green from Asheville, NC (purchased @ Columbia, SC show in 1989) and the other is ice blue with no town on bottom (purchased @ a junk store in southeast Missouri in 1995). To add to the confusion, I have two different ABM 1915 Cokes, one green and one clear, that have Coca-Cola in script embossed on bottom (instead of a town) like the straight sided bottles had. There was obviously some transitional confusion in the early days of "standardization". But on the subject of Red Rock, the only BIMAL bottle I ever had was light green, no city, and Red Rock embossed @ shoulder on only one side.

Dragon0421

Reaction score
Hey bloodj2 the bottles you have show up in both varitations and have odd colors to clear to a greenish tint to them will try to post some pics later

rick3355

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Red Rock Bottling Company bottles from here local in Knoxville. The One on the right is newer, it's machine made, but recently I found the one on the left that's BIM and the "this bottle never sold" warning is at the base instead of up toward the top. Also, the crown is a little bit different. Have any of the East Tennessee guys ever seen one like this??? Any guess on the Age of the one on the left? I'm pretty sure the one on the right is late teens to early 20's. The context of the left red rock was 1914 to probably 1920, but I've never found a BIM crown top soda before.

Thanks!

red_rock.jpg
Hi there my name is Rick Smith I have one like the one on your left from Knoxville Tennessee. What do you think it might be worth also I'm in Knoxville Tennessee

nhpharm

Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread, but just for posterity's sake, I think I can answer the original question posed. Red Rock was also distributed in Houston, Texas in 1907-1908. There are several versions of the bottles, but there are only two versions that are not just embossed Red Rock on the base. One of the versions is marked "Houston, Texas" but the other version is simply the tooled top Knoxville mold with "Knoxville, Tenn." peened out (you can see the letters ghosted in the mold). So the tooled top versions from Knoxville have to date at least as early as 1907 and possibly a bit before that.

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score

Thanks!

red_rock.jpg

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
I'm unsure if this will ever find you since your original post was 11 or 12 years ago. But I'm cleaning out my extensive collection as my years are diminishing and don't want to leave a total mess for my wife and kids to sort through. Just now opened a box and in it was an SCA example from The Red Rock Co out of Jacksonville. It's clearly early but a different logo that what came later.

Attachments

• 217.1 RedRockCo.jpg
    217.1 RedRockCo.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 217.2 RedRockCo.jpg
    217.2 RedRockCo.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 217.3 RedRockCo.jpg
    217.3 RedRockCo.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 217.4 RedRockCo.jpg
    217.4 RedRockCo.jpg