Replacing neck on SS Coke Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
I've got about a dozen of these straight side cokes that I would like to try and repair. Not to sell but just put on a shelf. I've got a few questions. Has anyone tried this? After I cut with tile saw can i tumble before applying new neck? Or will it crack?Which is best to use regular epoxy or uv glue? Should I use an epoxy dye to color match? Can you sand the glue/epoxy when dry so seam is smooth? I know seam will be obvious and I'm not looking for perfection. Just trying to save a few of these local Gainesville, FL. Coca Colas. Hate to throw away.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230120_160839.jpg
    20230120_160839.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20230120_122635_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120_122635_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 66

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, I'd tumble with top cut off, I've done it with out breakage. The problem I had was replacement was the original top & with Bottle tumbled clean the top was still beat up sick looking. I had to clean that by hand but when I was done 99% unnoticeable. Cant help you much with epoxy question but another guy in here probably could, RobbyBobby I think his name is? LEON.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Yes, I'd tumble with top cut off, I've done it with out breakage. The problem I had was replacement was the original top & with Bottle tumbled clean the top was still beat up sick looking. I had to clean that by hand but when I was done 99% unnoticeable. Cant help you much with epoxy question but another guy in here probably could, RobbyBobby I think his name is? LEON.
Thanks for the info.
Yes. I've seen RobbyBobby give repair tips in past posts. Hope he can give me some advice on how to do this.

embe

Reaction score
Interested to see results. I imagine it would be tough to match the taper on the necks

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Interested to see results. I imagine it would be tough to match the taper on the necks
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'll practice on some trash bottles first. It will be awhile before I attempt it but I'll post results if it's not too embarrassing. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac