Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Repro?

GABatGH

Apr 21, 2014
Hey folks. I've read, and reread, this thread a number of times and researched the things I didn't know about (like pontils). This bottle came to us from a family member that passed who was an avid collector of high end political stuff. I'm hoping to deduce if this is an original. There's a few features on it that I'm guessing a more knowledgeable person could probably use to decide that.

There's the smooth neck and sharply cut top; an odd line going across the face of the bottle on Lincoln's side; and the swirly lines on the bottom (which I'm guessing are the pontils) are the indication that this is not from Clevenger.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks much!

Attachments

bottles_inc

Jul 20, 2019
NY
The embossing is too accurate on both the image and the lettering, the color is off, there's 0 wear on the base or damage anywhere, the neck is off, looks like an imitation of a polished pontil on the bottom but it dosent look right

coreya

Apr 30, 2007
Summerfield, Fl
A Fantasy bottle rather than a reproduction ( never were production originals used ). Could be Clevenger or Wheaton. Have seen it before but cant remember where.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wvhillbilly89