Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Reproduction Coke bottle?

WesternPA-collector

Mar 10, 2018
Connellsville, PA
It's an original from Reed Glass Company. Lots of companies made Coke bottles and not every bottle had a city on the bottom. I have a few that don't. 1915 is simply the patent date but not the date the bottle was made. It's a cool bottle regardless.
Untitled 1.jpg

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
It would be highly unlikely to dig up a reproduction Coke with other older 1900+ bottles. With out a city & or State listed on bottom would have limited desireability in my opinion. Still a nice find though. Congrats. LEON.

LazyGecko10

Dec 21, 2018
It would be highly unlikely to dig up a reproduction Coke with other older 1900+ bottles. With out a city & or State listed on bottom would have limited desireability in my opinion. Still a nice find though. Congrats. LEON.
That is what I figured. Thank you.

oldcokes

Nov 18, 2010
Rockville, MD
Most Cokes are dated, all are after about 1920 or 21. Reed Cokes are dated on the heel (Use a 4x glass!) The earliest Reed Cokes I've seen are dated 21. The R in ∆ mark dates from 1923. Those without a city name are interesting but not worth a lot. But they are almost all a very attractive blue/aqua color. I collect them!
BTW, I've never seen a repro. 1915, or a fake, except for sawed off base plates glued on to other bottles.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terry05