reproduction old sachems

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MiamiMaritime

Reaction score
Why are these made? Is there that much demand for bottles that there is a need for ( some unembosed fairly standard) repros?

Their website shows their bottles and gives some history, but you have to look to find that they are repros.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I just received the Old Sachems bitters from Dog River Glass co, and from about three feet it would fool just about anybody, it is a dark olive amber green and has a tooled top and smooth bottom. BUT when held in the hand and seen up close, it would never fool someone like Jeff Burkhardt or another pro bitters collector. I myself would know its a repro, but it would definitely fool someone who doesn't know these barrels that well. that said I am going to ask that Jim e-package if he will post the pics that my buddy said he will take, I am going to try to show the tooled top where the side seem stops just under the lip, the embossing, base, and color...........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Plus I forgot to add even tho it seems tooled the top is too perfectly round and smooth to be from a real example, pics will show all............

andy volkerts

Reaction score
This example in this color if real would go for thousands of dollars, thats why, and it is not going to be good for the hobby when these things get out................

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That was fast, Was there a physical address on the box and did it match the internet address PO Box? I find it hard to believe this is completely legal in the US. If it is, than something is wrong.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hey Eric!! don't know from apo or internet origins but it was shipped from good old Butler NEW JERSEY p.o. box 28 Historic Clothiers...07405-0028 does that help ya any.........will have my buddy take pics soon.......Andy

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

Hey Eric!! don't know from apo or internet origins but it was shipped from good old Butler NEW JERSEY p.o. box 28 Historic Clothiers...07405-0028 does that help ya any.........will have my buddy take pics soon.......Andy
Same address as the IP. It's sounding more like a front for an import company all the time.
Maybe it's just the conspirator theorist in me. [8|]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The way I understand it now, Historic Clothiers does reproduction clothing for civil war enactors, as does Dog river glass co does bottles for same, both have Nick sekelas as the person doing the billing, or at least that was who was on my pay pal billing info sheet at my pay pal account. It seems as though Dog River Glass co is importing the bottles from China, on their specs maybe, I don't know, but the fake bottles are very scary, especially if you have nothing in hand to compare them to. Peachridge Glass has more info even yet.....And yes maybe we can send the big E over to help them mend their ways[:D][:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu