Reselling tips and questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mudbug

Reaction score
Another thing I was wondering about is shipping. Isnit better to use flat rate? Or does it depend on the item? I have been hearing about "buyer pays shipping" is there an option of seller paying it? If anyone with an ebay sellers account could chime in that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Free shipping attracts more possible buyers, but then it costs you out of your profits. It used to be if free shipping was offered there is some kind of "perk" ebay offers to entice it, but I'm not sure of that because eBay has changed a lot since I first started selling on it. They have cut into a sellers market "lions share" and made it now their own. Basically, in my experiences, you'll secure approx. 50% of what the item sells for and that is in collectibles category, other categories cost more.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Free shipping attracts more possible buyers, but then it costs you out of your profits. It used to be if free shipping was offered there is some kind of "perk" ebay offers to entice it, but I'm not sure of that because eBay has changed a lot since I first started selling on it. They have cut into a sellers market "lions share" and made it now their own. Basically, in my experiences, you'll secure approx. 50% of what the item sells for and that is in collectibles category, other categories cost more.
Fees (a percentage depending on item) are taken out of both the item's sold price AND shipping fees.

I could go on for quite a while regarding ebay's fees/policies and my opinions about such..
I'll bite my tongue though, as I have made a pretty penny through them, and don't wish to get booted from here.

If you are going to ship bottles/jars, SERIOUSLY learn the art of packing such items!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado