reworked USA Hosp Dept bottle?...not

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
My guess is it was made late 1870s to early 1880s. Applied lips were still common in the early 1880s.
There is a tooled tapered lip version in the same form that probably dates late 1880s to 1890s.
It would be very interesting if it was really related to USA HOSP bottles but I would want to see solid proof of that.
There are lots of myths in the collecting world. The company is definately early enough to have been selling products during the Civil War. If anyone has a photo of the peened out embossing I would like to see it.
The embossing doesnt appear to me to be in a slug plate. A large diagonal slug plate wrapping half way around the bottle seems like it would be quite a challenge.
The proportions seem different to me. Compare to a Hosp Dept bottle and you decide ..
http://antiquemedicines.com/MedicineNexus/U/USAHospyellow.jpg

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|]Red would know about the slug plate, but I do not think they put that type of plate in round molds. Tom is a reliable seller, I have bought from him, and the bottles I received were good. I believe the description in ABA is accurate, as Jeff is pretty knowlegdable, and honest.......Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky