RI Creek Find - Agnews & Wilcox whiskey?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
Looks like Wildcat liked your comment, he gave you a thumbs up?????? LEON.

I agree…. That bottle doesn’t look right for the age, to me either. I’m just being quiet here…. Still a mouth full of stitches. They finally found a way to keep me quiet! But just till the 8th…. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
Hi all & Happy Mother's Day. So recently I got myself and my 8 yr old son waders and we tried a couple of ok spots but nothing to write home about. So I did some research on a couple of 1890s maps which brought us to another creek and BOOM, started hitting 100+ yr old bottles! There are bottles literally everywhere and we are having a blast! I plan on posting more of our finds on here but for now I wanted to get this one out here.

It's a whiskey flask with "GUARANTEED FULL PINT" on the face and just "A&W" on the base. I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the root beer. I did some research and I'm really hoping this is an 1868-1872 Agnews & Wilcox bottle, but hoping some of the experts here can confirm. The bottles we are finding are pretty mucky from being in the creek for over a century. Most of them have this layer of leaf-matter film that partially flakes off in the sun, but I really need a decent way of cleaning this stuff off so let me know if anyone knows the best way to get this film off the bottles. Trying to be very careful on the special finds. This one does appear to be clear but man that film is tough.

If better pictures are needed just let me know.

Thanks!

View attachment 224834

View attachment 224835

View attachment 224836

&
59a3af13ac3663dde81267af6933b49c.jpg

ee67675b387532605c3f9e465153ae54.jpg[/IMG]
fd9f49412cfdc4380c4bb79da75bdac8.jpg

I can now cure anything and give you tiny megaphones and antiseptic eardrums now.
(Does that make me a Dr,? I really write like one! And I have that stinky dr bag in the next room…. Otherwise known as Satans toilet?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

embe

Reaction score
*important* if you're diluting acid, you should reduce the risk of personal injury (or panic) by the mnemonic: "Do like you oughta, add acid to water".

Other way around and you get a frothy exothermic reaction that could be kinda dangerous. And agreed with other comments, well ventilated area and proper PPE.

On a bottle like that I'd probably leave as-is since the patina might remind you of the day you found it, and the reason it looks that way. Your choice, good luck either way!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado