richard hudnut, new york

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone. this bottle is 5 7/8" tall, 1 7/8" across base, 1 3/8" deep. embossed on frt. rhchard, hudnut, new york, 4 fld oz net. it also has embossing on both sides. there was 1 listed as c1903. the only diff. this one has 4 fld. ozs on heal. any information as to date or possible value would be greatly appreciated. thanks rhona

Ec88223.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88223.jpg
    Ec88223.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 352

sheila

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, my mother used to talk about Richard Hudnut Perfume. She wore Gemey when she was younger. That would have been in the 1930s or so. I'll have to ask her if she remembers what the bottle looked like. Would be nice if she still had one hidden away somewhere!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi sheila, thanks for looking. when searching for this bottle i saw several ref. to gamey listed for sale. it's a dif. shape bottle. i think this 1 is older. rhona

David E

Reaction score
Hi, I have one with same embosing as yours and is six inches high.
Mine has the O in a square on the bottom which makes it 1911-1929. Also mine is completly clear satin glass. It (satin) looks so even that I find it hard to beleive it is just sick glass.

Dave

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi dave, thanks for looking. i did see one from the 20's that was frosted or satin. i searched a lot of listings for richard hudnut. do you have a pic. of your bottle? rhona

Bottleman

Reaction score
I dug the strangest Richard Hudnut a few months ago but my friend got it on picks. It had a two piece ground stopper. It’s hard to explain but there was the regular ground stopper that fit inside the lip and then there was another funny shaped ground stopper that actually fit inside of that one. It was attached to the bottom of the stopper that fit inside the neck. The only thing I can think of was that they opened the bottle and took out the small stopper and used it as a little “dabber†to put the perfume on there body. If I ever get around to it I can get a picture for you.

~~Tom

David E

Reaction score
Sorry not a good shot, but letering hard to see anyway

Sq47852.jpg

Attachments

• Sq47852.jpg
    Sq47852.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 92

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics