River walk #6 ...What a surprise!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Nice find! It's a ginger ale bottle, likely Irish since that's where a lot of them originated. It dates to the late 19th century or maybe early 20th century, not as old as a similar bottle made in the US would be, unfortunately.

While most of these types of bottles are from overseas I always will note that some could likely be American as select bottlers here did use that type of semi-torpedo bottom. Here is an example of one from the United States that I own. It's embossed: J.S. Hazard / Norwich, Conn / American / Ginger Ale

20210516_142934.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
While most of these types of bottles are from overseas I always will note that some could likely be American as select bottlers here did use that type of semi-torpedo bottom. Here is an example of one from the United States that I own. It's embossed: J.S. Hazard / Norwich, Conn / American / Ginger Ale

View attachment 227305
Is there anything on the bottom indicating it's American-made? I always wonder with these if they're actually made over here or were imported from UK glasshouses. We've got a decent number of round bottom bottles from Canada as well but since some soda bottlers here would order bottles from the UK I'm not sure where they were actually made. In the case of Dewy's bottle the style of top and the markings on the base leave me little doubt that it's from the British Isles.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Is there anything on the bottom indicating it's American-made? I always wonder with these if they're actually made over here or were imported from UK glasshouses. We've got a decent number of round bottom bottles from Canada as well but since some soda bottlers here would order bottles from the UK I'm not sure where they were actually made. In the case of Dewy's bottle the style of top and the markings on the base leave me little doubt that it's from the British Isles.
Could have been made overseas, but I'd assume somewhere in the U.S. made this style too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu