Rochester Germicide Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
My moms Bestfriends Boyfriend Grabbed me this from a local mill they are gonna tear down = ) i love it already but i would like further information..judging by its shape and the upside down logo id think it went in a dispenser? i guess? it has a dish that fits it in no way with it.but it was made by the same company the dish states .

(in center circle on bottom)(sanor)
(Under circle)(Rochester Germicide Co.Rochester N.y.pat pending)

The bottle says
Rochester germicide
Rochester Ny
Pat jan25 1888
the seam runes to the lip but not over it boy am i curious!
anyone got any info on it???
germicide1.jpg
thanks all (ericjayy)

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Eric, It had a steel rack-type dispenser that was made to hang on a wall. I think the dish was part of the setup. You can find the metal part on eBay once in a while, then you will have the whole thing. The upside-down embossing is cool. It was a disinfectant soap/sanitizer. ~Jim

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Sweet deal Jim im gonna keep an eye out on the bay = ) i like it because its from cliftex..this old mill down the street where me and a few pals had built a whole indoor skatepark in the top floor so its kind of got some centiment = ) hope i can find the dispencer... thanks for the info!

beendiggin

Reaction score
I dug that dish once a long time ago and never found out what it was....now I know. Is the dish embossed, too? I can't remember if mine said anything, had to be at least 20 years ago. I don't even know what I did with it.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
yeah the dish is embossed on the bottom very finely glad we cleared up that old little mystery = ) thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18