Rowland Ward Crystal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Vinny1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about his crystal glassware? He was a big game taxidermist and hunter around the turn of the century and has written many books .....and somewhere in all of this has crystal glassware with frosted animal scenes on them. They bring quite a price for what you seem to be getting, I guess. I need to know eras, time frames and places of manufacture. I have googled it but everything seems vague.

Thanks

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Rowland ward 1848-1912. Rowland Ward limited was his big game taxidermy firm.. Rowland Ward crystal is if I remember was African, etc... big game animals etched in crystal. I think made in the 1960's- 70's. They are valued highly. I am not sure the manufacturer but someone else will eventually know. Hope this helps
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Vinny1

Reaction score
Yeah I have read most of the history behind him and his books and even have a taxidermy horse hoof (cigar cutter) by his firm engraved 1913 and a couple of books. Its the crystal ware I can't find much on. I have purchased a couple of snifters that I believe to be Roland Ward and am waiting for them to arrive.

Nickneff

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about his crystal glassware? He was a big game taxidermist and hunter around the turn of the century and has written many books .....and somewhere in all of this has crystal glassware with frosted animal scenes on them. They bring quite a price for what you seem to be getting, I guess. I need to know eras, time frames and places of manufacture. I have googled it but everything seems vague.

Thanks
I need to see a picture of it it's hard to identify without a picture

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have seen some of the taxidermy animal ashtrays and a elephant foot copper kettle. Weird stuff. Love your post. Someone somewhere collects them. Why don't you try reaching out to one of the galleries or sites that sell this type of glassware.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Nickneff

Reaction score
I have seen some of the taxidermy animal ashtrays and a elephant foot copper kettle. Weird stuff. Love your post. Someone somewhere collects them. Why don't you try reaching out to one of the galleries or sites that sell this type of glassware.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Nickneff

Reaction score
I've never really trying to look around the sell my stuff I used to have a whole whole lot of it I have sold three collections just ordinary people they be interested in something when we come to a deal and they buy I do have truly old stuff I don't think I have not one bottle less than at least a hundred years old

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky