Rumford Chemical Works

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed with these bottles are the Rumford Chemical works can be embossed on the left or right sides.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
My examples:

rumfordpair.jpg

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
According to RI bottle expert, Taylor, this bottle is scarce if its machine made and rare if its blown in a mold. I see the common teal ones all the time since I'm a state over from R.I. home of Romford Chemical Works. The emerald green one is
probably just as rare as the clear and blue varients, again nice find!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I found my 2 variation in Detroit area. I was under the impression these can be found & dug about anywhere in about every state in the U.S. Is this true?

American

Reaction score
Hi all! Back again with another bottle and more questions! Emerald green Rumford Chemical Works bottle in nearly perfect condition. I’ve found a lot of the teal ones online, but not much about the greens. Any info on age and value is much appreciated!!View attachment 206098
Came to look at the bottle but now I am more interested in the tattoo on the palm of your hand.

sandchip

Reaction score
According to RI bottle expert, Taylor, this bottle is scarce if its machine made and rare if its blown in a mold. I see the common teal ones all the time since I'm a state over from R.I. home of Romford Chemical Works. The emerald green one is
probably just as rare as the clear and blue varients, again nice find!

Don't know why a bottle expert would rate a Rumford as scarce, much less rare. A lot of misinformation out there. I'm sure that some colors are less common than others, but not the bottle itself. With that said, they're beautiful bottles that add color to any collection. That 7-up green in the opening post is a new one on me and a sharp looking bottle.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Don't know why a bottle expert would rate a Rumford as scarce, much less rare. A lot of misinformation out there. I'm sure that some colors are less common than others, but not the bottle itself. With that said, they're beautiful bottles that add color to any collection. That 7-up green in the opening post is a new one on me and a sharp looking bottle.

The green ones are more scarce or rare than the teal ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown